Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes library+ iPhone playlists please HELP!! Had to reformat my HDD

Default iTunes library+ iPhone playlists please HELP!! Had to reformat my HDD
    Okay in case you didn't understand from my title....

I recently encountered some bad luck with my hard drive, but managed to copy all my files to an external hard drive. I then reformatted my computer's hard drive, then copied all my files back to my computer.

The only problem is, I'm an idiot. My songs from my itunes library are now located in different directories from the locations stored in the itunes library file. This also means that my playlists aren't normal either.

All my music names and file info etc load, but none of them can be located by itunes, since they're not where itunes thinks they are.

How do I change the itunes library file to reflect where my music is now located? Is there a way to get my music back into itunes without having to reload everything, and re-select everything into my playlists?

Thanks for your help!

P.S. The itunes I re-installed is 7.7.0.43, yet when i connect my iphone (jailbroken), it says it can't function with my iphone, and to DL itunes 8. Is there a way to solve this without DL'ing iTunes 8?

Thanks again

anyone? Really stuck here...
    Last edited by adamnur; 2008-09-25 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost