Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: im stupid please help

Default im stupid please help
    i updated my itunes and it updated my firmware from 2.0.2 to 2.1 and now i have a usb plug to itunes icon and the only thing i can do is use the phone for emergency calls. What can I do to unlock it and unbrick it I need to use it on tmobile any help would be greatly appreciated otherwise this damned thing will be worthless.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hey stupid, my name is Patrick

You have a 1st gen or 3g iPhone? Was it unlocked prior?
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

i have the same problem, that means is not activated, u can jailbreak it and will fix the issue. my problem is that there is something wrong with my pc cause none of the jailbreak programs works

The stupid part is not that you accidently updated your firmware, its that you haven't been able to find the answer to your question in these forums. All of the steps, programs and answers to your questions are there. Look around.

Thanks

hi I'm with stupid ^

its a 2g with 2.1 firmware I just need to know how to unbrick it and downgrade from 2.1 to any other firmware that will allow me to unlock it and jailbreak it and I need to know step by step. I really have not tried anything just yet. I do have some knowledge but I just need to know what firmware and itunes version and whether to use quickpawn and winpawn to do this please help any info would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

2.1 is unlock-able and jailbreak-able. go to the wiki section in the forum for guides. as mentioned, everything is there. your phone is NOT bricked. it's just unactivated and unjailbroken

I got it working and I'm glad it works again thats my main phone line thank everybody who tried to help much appreciated