Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ok so what do you guys think, iPhone 1st gen VS iPhone 3G ??

iPhone? More like MyPhone bunnywhi7e's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Ok so what do you guys think, iPhone 1st gen VS iPhone 3G ??
    Sup guys, hope you all are doing great today.

Anyways, I USED to have 1st gen iPhone, bought it brand new with 1.1.4 firmware. Used it for about 2 months and sold it mostly because I needed cash. It was THEN when I noticed that I miss my iPhone badly and settled with cheap Nokia phone for now. My iPhone was customized and tweaked in every single way it was one special phone to have.

Right now I find myseld desperate to own one again. Everywhere I go I see people with iPhones and I guess I want to have one first.

I was really up to date with iPhone 1st gen technology...all the new mods coming out, and everything else. iPhone 1st gen was easy to modify. I unlocked mine with iLiberty+ and used iBrickr to edit some files, and edit ringtones, pics etc.

My question to all you iPhone GURUS would be...which one do you HONESTLY think is better ?? 1st gen iPhone or 3G iPhone ??

I heard somewhere that 1st gen iPhone costed a lot more money to develop and parts that Apple used to build it costed a fortune, way more than what it costed to build a 3G phone....how true is this ??

Why was the 1st gen iPhone so pricey upon it's release and why allof a sudden iPhone 3G becomes affordable to ANYONE ??

And my final question is, if I do get iPhone 3G on AT&T service can I jailbreak it so I can install 3rd party appz like I did on my 1st gen assuming once the 3G is jailbroken it comes with installer and cydia ??

Thanks for reading, and thanks for your help.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

IMO the first gen phone is of much better quality having the aluminum back and a crisp clean tint on the screen. The 3G phone costs about $60 less in parts to make than the 1st gen. As far as the new ones being "affordable" is only because the cheap price tag in contingent upon activation before you leave the store and AT&T is subsidizing the cost. The 3G service still is not fixed 100%... I turn on my Edge 90% of the time because I get better coverage even in urban areas.