Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Reasons Why the New iPhone Sucks

Default Reasons Why the New iPhone Sucks
    Look before you leap before buying the new iPhone. This is the iPhone that all of us have been waiting for. It promised to address the deficiencies of the first generation iPhone, but does it really?
    Here are some reasons why not:
    Reasons Why the New iPhone Sucks

Wow never heard those complaints before. (sarcasm) Not a single original thought in that article.

Its the new yardstick, how many touchscreen phones with appstores and full operating systems were there before the iPhone, now everyones jumping on the bandwagon (Google and HTC, Nokia, Microsoft etc)

Thanks

keyline for me is the, "i still want one"

written by someone without an iphone?

and i could argue every one of those points, but can't really be bothered as this thread will stack up with all the other "3g iphone sucks" threads, but everyone is still and will still buy them.

waste of time
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Hey dennisls111, that's good find.

Thanks

Zendj, what do you mean by full operating system? As in an extremely slimmed down version of osx? Come on, get your facts right.

Bottom line......show me another phone that is genuinely better than the iphone.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

1. Too expensive to own.
    A windows guy obviously wrote this article. A Mac guy will drop coin on a $3,000 machine and not blink.

2. Can't use the GPS like a GPS.
    Am I mistaken or is this the iPhone or the iGPS?

3. Can’t tether the iPhone to your laptop.
    Ya, you can.

4. Still no cut and paste.
    This one is a pisser.

5. Wimpy 2 MP camera.
    Shame you can't afford that Canon DSLR, but IT'S an iPhone.

6. No stereo Bluetooth.
    Hence no malicious hacking via bluetooth. Not a virus, code. It's the one area you can get into a system if it is wide open. Jobs was watching your azz on this one.

7. The list goes on.
    Unfortunately you lost 7/10th of your readers at #4 so you'll have to go on alone.
    Last edited by one1; 2008-10-27 at 05:51 AM.

^^I like the "too expensive to own"....considering it is in most cases cheaper than winmo devices w/ a contract.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

He had a slightly valid point on that which is that the iPhone is expensive as HELL to own for the full contract. As do you have a point in the fact that the Palm Treo for instance has a HIGHER cost data rate plan than the iPhone.

^^What I meant, not worded very well.

I guess I should have said "overall cost of ownership" versus capabilities.

That list includes some appropriate and well discussed issues/areas for improvement but none of them, either individually on their own, make the iPhone "suck". My iPhone is the only phone I've ever owned that I've enjoyed using. Worth every penny.

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    A windows guy obviously wrote this article. A Mac guy will drop coin on a $3,000 machine and not blink.
    I think the iPhone's a decent device, but it's a valid point, its cost of ownership is abso-freaking-lutely obscene. There's no excuse for the amount of money Apple and AT&T claw out of their customers. Plus, although it's a fact, I'm not sure that "Mac people blindly spend money without considering the benefits" is the strongest statement you can make in defense of the cost. You don't get awards for being proud to pay the Apple tax, dood.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The iPhone sucks bigtime.
    I also have a Verizon voyager. try to surf on that POS. check email; good luck; apps, yeah there are tons of apps for it (sarcasm). I ahve used there Navigator 18 times, 7 times I wasn't anywhere near the place or the store closed years ago.

You know why the iPhone sucks because I can't but the dam thing down..

Last month I down loaded 280,000Kb on the iPhone. On the voyager 0Kb.

Cost of ownship? Well within what other company are charging for similar plans.