Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Car Audio and the iPhone

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Car Audio and the iPhone
    It started about a week ago. I thought I had blown the front right speaker in my car. Then today, I was driving my friends car. When I plugged my iPhone in, it sounded like the front right speaker in his car was blown too. So I endulged in the theory of this being due to the iPhone. I got out my dusty 80 gig iPod and fired her up with my speaker system. To my surprise, my speaker system works fine; nothings blown. I further did tests on my iPhone, thinking this may have been a 4 channel problem with a device meant for 2. Nope, it works on my home theater system just fine.

So, I'm lead to believe that this has something to do with the cellphone signal interupting the music output. I've heard that a cell phone turns your car into a giant antenna. It would seem as though this might be the case. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Grassmasta; 2008-09-24 at 04:19 AM.
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

Yes, the cellular radio signal interrupts the sound if you are using an FM transmitter especially.

I actually just got done installing a audio aux input module into 05 Suburban to allow me to plug the iphone directly into the radio (just today). Works perfectly! Im thinking bout posting a thread about it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You should! I wonder, is there a large enough car audio fallowing to make a section?
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

Hmmm, there should be

Yeah I'll type one up in a minute and grab a pic. I wish I had thought of it, I'd taken some pics along the whole install.