Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G 2.1 Battery Drain

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

My battery life is very poor. I have a ton of stuff installed though, but my question is this:

How fast does your battery charge?

Mine is blazing fast. 37 minutes to charge from 10% to full. Seems odd.

Thanks

just because your battery is saying 100% it may not truly be fully charged. I find my battery. Lasts much longer when I charge it all night than when I pull it off the charger as soon as it's at 100%.

Thanks

ye, mine also charges to quickly.

it says 100%, then disconnect, and bam, within a few minutes on locked screen it goes down like 10% and carries on going,

to the post above:

1 - it may be the charger, im sure its not healthy, but after a software restore my battery wa absolutely fine, so i guess not

2 - i was gonna shoot you down and say there is no way its the new 2.1 firmware, but my problems have only been happening since 2.1, 2.0.2 my battery was ok (if i remember rightly??)

my battery has also gone bad again, all i have installed is bossprefs, winterboard, a couple themes, pdanet, makeitmine and the new version of intelliscreen (which it probably is the problem here)

i understand the battery is poor as a whole, but mine is acting unusually poor
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Just so someone has said it, you can't go from 8% to 60% in 5 minutes. Li-on batteries don't do that. They charge really fast, then stop at 85% and charge really slow for the last 15%, but not THAT fast. 30 minutes will get you about half charge. LI-on's are made to charge rapidly.

Thanks

yes i understand that one1, but honestly, my battery does. it's mucked up. the same as you arent supposed to have to deplete/charge them fully 4/5 times to get a correct reading from the battery from new. every other iphone owner i have ever met + myself have had to do this, especially with the 3g.

i understand the charging, but mine seems to do that when it's discharging (get to about 20% in half an hour then discharge slowly)

worrying thing is, when the phone is locked after a respring i am still losing allot of % in the space of minutes. i remember the days when the phone could stay locked for 1 or 2 hours and hardly lose anything

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks

It is in the software though. The battery isn't charging that fast, it's just buggy software reading the battery. Same concept as Apple changing the sensitivity of the 3G bars in the last update. As far as what you really have charge wise.... the only one that has ever been accurate IMO is on 1.1.4 and it is the "battery info" app.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

u can also see the usage and stand by from settings to ensure that there are no open apps in background

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zahirsayed View Post
    even i faced the same battery problem but it was not as horrible as most of the you guyz are facing... i used to charge my iphone using the USB via pc... i never faced this problem but recently even after charging the iphone to 100% it dips down to 30-40 overnight i.e. when the phone is doing nothing at all... i have now restored the phone and ive not installed a single 3rd party app... lets see what happens overnight... will report soon...
    okie guyzz sorry for the delay... but i have restored my iphone and i didnt install any 3rd party app... the battery life improved drastically... my phone lasted the whole night i.e. 10+ hrs with just 20% battery health... so the root cause is 3rd party app... but not all... reading the above posts... i tried installing cycoder n mxtube but the battery life didnt change... i have not yet installed boss pref and winterboard... i really want to install winterboard but it slows down the iphone hwich is OK but it also decreases the battery life which is not OK....

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you done a simple restore and looked at stock performance? At least it will tell you if its hardware related...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Have you done a simple restore and looked at stock performance? At least it will tell you if its hardware related...
    please read above, i for one did, and it improved my phones performance... ALLOT!

to the point where perhaps i could live without cydia??....

i dont know, but, today, i charged the phone to 100% in the van, locked the screen and took out the charger, hid it in the van while i went to do a job, came back 90 minutes later and was on 85% battery.

also, later on today, i pressed the home button when the phone was in locked state., the screen flashed up and i looked at the battery straight away. it first said 49 but quickly flashed to 32. ive had this many times before aswell.

i guess the main problems are losing battery when phone is locked 9yes, even after a restart/respring) and the battery level not being read properly?

Suck it up, Sucker

What is the add on called that changed the battery sign at the top of the phone to a number ???

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ash213 View Post
    What is the add on called that changed the battery sign at the top of the phone to a number ???
    It is called Enable Numeric Battery inside of Bossprefs

let me put you guys on as to why you having battery problems. 1 winterboards causes slow performance and battery usage . When you install one of those themes with background changing it's Always running in the background . Now what winterboard does it's changes your theme on the fly it never swaps anything out of apps so it's constanly running . Every time you open an app on your phone winterboard has to reload the theme that's why you get the lag when opening apps . Beside using more battery it uses 3% CPU . So what you get it's apps crashing , less battery, slow perfomance

Thanks

This would possibly explain why some of us can manage battery life much better even with Winterboard if we dont use a dynamic theme. I use a simple wallpaper.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DuRo View Post
    let me put you guys on as to why you having battery problems. 1 winterboards causes slow performance and battery usage . When you install one of those themes with background changing it's Always running in the background . Now what winterboard does it's changes your theme on the fly it never swaps anything out of apps so it's constanly running . Every time you open an app on your phone winterboard has to reload the theme that's why you get the lag when opening apps . Beside using more battery it uses 3% CPU . So what you get it's apps crashing , less battery, slow perfomance
    eeeeehhhhhhhh no. I have "apple backgrounds" rotating wallpaper theme, winterboard, Mac OS, and several other options enabled. Add 60 apps in to that to boot. I can idle all day on less than 15% power if coming from 100% i end up around 85% when I Walk away from it for about 8 hours.

....and crashing apps over something that uses 3%? Extremist much? LOL!

*something* is starting up at boot and killing these guys resources.
    Last edited by one1; 2008-09-30 at 03:52 PM.

Thanks

exactly one1, i understand winterboard, and have used it since 2.x, its only really been 2.1 thats the problem.

just if we had some kind of systeminfo to see whats going on....

at the moment im just learning to live with leaving the phone under almost constant charge, not very mobile but hey

Suck it up, Sucker

I'm having the same problem, and I don't use ToneFX at all. I just disabled my winterboard theme to see if that's it. I like being able to customize the look, but it doesn't beat being able to use the phone.

Thanks

I've decided when 2.2 comes out I'm leaving my iPhone normal!!!! Battery is already not great but it's stupid to have other issues which can be avoided!

Thanks

ok, before i had Intelliscreen installed my battery was playing up, i then installed IS and have been running it, still with bad battery.

Today IS crashed (as it always does) and didnt activate again, i am now home with 40% battery and i didn't charge the phone at all today.

This doesnt get any closer to solving the memory leak, because with IS disabled im in the same situation as i was before it was installed, and i had bad battery then aswell.

Just confused me a bit more....?

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks

I have IS 2.23 also. No issues.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast