Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Another iPhone 3g Unock Question!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Another iPhone 3g Unock Question!
    After reading some recent threads on iPhone 3gs in other countries, it is painfully obvious that they are experiencing freedom from the clutches of at&t.

So if the phones are sold unlocked in other parts of the world, is this due to the hardware or the softwear?

My instict tells me the softwear, based on the experience with the 2g. However, I think apple might be sadistic enough to make this a hardware issue. Then again, are we not experiencing a 3g unlock because those sim adaptor companies are paying the right people to deprive us of an unlock?

Feel free to ridicule anything that seems like a "crack pot" theory, because I'd prefer to have multiple views in order to better establish a general consensus of the situation!
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

It is a software unlock developed by (of course) Apple, that Apple uses when distributing these phones. From a hardware perspective they are the same.

And no, I dont believe the companies producing sim unlocks have anything to do with why we havent seen a software unlock yet. I can promise you the Dev-Team is putting tremendous effort into accomplishing this.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

Grassmasta (2008-09-22)

Thanks

So, if this is the case, could we install firmware from europe in order to unlock our phones? Or is there some sort of complication with the kinds of signals used in different parts of the world?(forgive me for persisting, but it seems as if other parts of the world have an unlock, we might be able to "piggy back" from their unlock)

I probably am lacking in my understanding of the situation...
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

I would only assume if it were possible, then we would already have it. Thats my .02 cents.

Thanks

Thanks for your time, I appreciate it!
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista