Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Safe Mode

Default iPhone Safe Mode
    So my phone crashed on me today... again (hate 2.0 so far). Anyways, something different happened when Springboard restarted itself.

I noticed the Intelliscreen had been disabled on the Springboard, but no warning. Also the lockscreen had reverted to it's "default" state.

I slide to unlock and notice the background is all grey and all my icons were stock. My dock was all jumbled, most likely because I have 5 icon dock istalled. I got a warning saying something about being in "safe mode."

Also, where the time is on the status bar, instead said "safe mode."

Has anyone else experienced this? What's the purpose?

I would have taken a screen shot but it wasn't working and I also didn't take any time to investigate what was different about "safe mode." I just restarted and all was well again.

Anyways, was just curious if it's happened to anyone else.
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

first time i heard of this....weird.

Best bet...you can always restore..repwn.

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea, this happened to me today too. I had just added an rss feed to intelliscreen and after going to the home screen, it rebooted to 'safe mode' - twice. All icons were stock except for a couple. After the third reboot, all was normal again. Freaked me out! I am uninstalling intelliscreen until the update comes out just to be safe, but I'm not certain what the heck it was.

**Just read on Apple Iphone School that the cause is the new “Mobile Substrate” update that came out in Cydia. SWOD protection maybe?
    Last edited by NArush; 2008-09-19 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    first time i heard of this....weird.

Best bet...you can always restore..repwn.
    After a reboot all was well, I'm just wondering what the purpose of safe mode was if anything and if anyone else has experienced it.

Quote Originally Posted by NArush View Post
    Yea, this happened to me today too. I had just added an rss feed to intelliscreen and after going to the home screen, it rebooted to 'safe mode' - twice. All icons were stock except for a couple. After the third reboot, all was normal again. Freaked me out! I am uninstalling intelliscreen until the update comes out just to be safe, but I'm not certain what the heck it was.
    I remember when it happened to me, a couple applications opened on their own for some reason and I was closing and opening them pretty quickly so maybe that caused it.

I dunno.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Happened to me this morning, I have no idea what could have caused it

Thanks

Someone take a screenshot of this thing.

I've read about this. Sounds like it's mainly intelliscreen.

This happened to me today as well. When i was playing with the five docks. Also seems like winterboard and kate refuse to play nice on 2.1phone keeps crashing and i have to do a full restore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone safe mode
    I think this has something to do with cydia and Intelliscreen too. My iphone and my wife Iphone has been doing this the whole day. Stupid me I just updated both phone yesterday. Help if someone have a solution to this. Thanks.

Fairly sure it's Intelliscreen...

I've been getting the same thing and haven't touched Intelliscreen. I think this is possibly a 2.1 FW thing or update in cydia....who knows, but it would be nice if someone could shed some light on it.

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

well it happened to me today aswell no intelliscreen installed no Kate it happened when I changed my mobileinstalation

Thanks

mobile safe mode is apparently a feature enabled by saurik so that if ever your phone is unable to load properly, it loads into it so you can fix whatever the issue is. I found a reference to it in the featured packages section of cydia under requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by 461am View Post
    mobile safe mode is apparently a feature enabled by saurik so that if ever your phone is unable to load properly, it loads into it so you can fix whatever the issue is. I found a reference to it in the featured packages section of cydia under requirements.
    sounds right, I noticed it right after updating my Mobile Substrate and Winterboard the other day... both are updates from Saurik as far as I know

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think this problem is from mobile substrate update. If you read the content of the mobile substrate it does included the "safe mode" concept. I am wondering about uninstall the mobile substrate on cydia to see it this works.

Default Mobile Safe Mode
    Quote Originally Posted by hungb View Post
    I think this problem is from mobile substrate update. If you read the content of the mobile substrate it does included the "safe mode" concept. I am wondering about uninstall the mobile substrate on cydia to see it this works.
    This feature is a safety mechanism designed to protect you from programs like IntelliScreen when they crash. It is quite carefully coded to /only/ come into play when a program crashes. Why are you trying to remove it? You should be thankful that when really bad crashes occur you can repair them instead of ending up with a SWOD. What you should do is contact IntelliScreen and report a bug in their software.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to saurik For This Useful Post:

iPhoneMadness (2008-09-20)

Quote Originally Posted by saurik View Post
    This feature is a safety mechanism designed to protect you from programs like IntelliScreen when they crash. It is quite carefully coded to /only/ come into play when a program crashes. Why are you trying to remove it? You should be thankful that when really bad crashes occur you can repair them instead of ending up with a SWOD. What you should do is contact IntelliScreen and report a bug in their software.
    Thanks for the update and thanks for the back up safety.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

updated intelliscreen today. so far no crashes. intellscreen 2.22

i put this in the wrong forum by mistake..

I don't HAVE Intelliscreen, but I am catching that safe mode screen...should i just restore/repwn?..or is Saurik kicking out a substrate update?

i have the same issue guys, but only when i install an app from the appstore , i dont have intillscreenn installed
    i hate my iphone pause pause pause NOT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast