Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Safe Mode

ok mine is doing it too im on 2.1 3g pwned and i DO NOT have intelliscreen. it will only do it during texts ok for example everytime i recieve a text it will go into safe mode and i recieve another it will go back out of safe mode and so on with every single text ive rebooted re sprung and nothing HELP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ali33 View Post
    i have the same issue guys, but only when i install an app from the appstore , i dont have intillscreenn installed
    I'm having the same problem.

Well, looks like its Quickgold issue, which Saurik has just explained in Cydia. After uninstalling, Apps d/l without rebooting to safe mode. Hopefully Quickgold fixes the issue since I use it all the time.
    Last edited by ecpolo521; 2008-09-24 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Looks like issue has been fixed. Quickgold had an update today. Now I can d/l from App store without rebooting my phone to safe mode. Thanks to all the developers for their speedy work. You guys rock.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it happen to me if i have the five icon mod on my dock and i try to drag the AppFlow icon to the dock when if have all the other icons hiden....

also with me Safe Mode weird can anybody can guest what is the problem?

Default safe mode day after genesis emu
    well today i got a safe mode outta no where! how ever i got a virus on my PC as well after downloading some SEGA roms... im pretty sure that is what cause the problem in the phone going to safe mode...

So my question is this... after a re spring everything is ok for now.. do i uninstall the rom that i feel might of done it or should i be ok? i got the virus out of my PC but seems my external drive that holds all my fun stuff had the roms stored on it and it has the virus as well, but i removed the roms from it and it is still there so how would i remove it from the iphone if it truly is a virus and does an iphone really get a virus??

any help would be great!

Thanks
    Erik

well again today my phone went into safe mode... its goes to a black screen says sad iphone by geffory or something in a old system style look any one know how to fix this or what might of caused this? i have removed what i thought it was or what i installed the night before it happened first.. any help is appreciated
    Last edited by ErikSocal; 2009-02-21 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I think this problem is from mobile substrate update. If you read the content of the mobile substrate it does included the "safe mode" concept. I am wondering about uninstall the mobile substrate on cydia to see it this works.

"Safe mode" is there to keep you from KILLING your phone. It is not the cause of the issues, other programs you have installed are the cause.

And, ^^you didnt get a "virus" from installing illegal roms onto your phone.....again, its an app conflict.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

ErikSocal (2009-02-21)

Ok, I've been searching on here for the last 40min and this thread is the closest to what I'm seeing on my phone right now. Basically, I got a blank sms from a blank number. Then I tried to open it and my Springboard crashed into safe mode with my lock screen displaying some binary and a sick iphone message in what almost looked like dos. I was checking my voicemail when I go the first blank sms, one was a legit voice mail and the other was someone calling me by mistake(or atleast it sounded that way). I then got about 5 more of these phantom sms from a blank number with nothing in the sms. I soft reset my phone and all seems well but I have no idea what the hell was going on and I don't want anything on my phone that I, myself, didn't put there. BTW I'm unlocked on T-Mobile in the US and running 2.2.1 on a 2g iPhone. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!

^Have never heard of that....but the best way to cleanse the phone is a restore.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

crashzilla00 (2009-04-24)

Thats what I plan to do when I get home, but I haven't restored since 2.2.1 came out and there's tons of new stuff on my phone I'd like to keep. So far its been about an hour and a half and everything is operating normally so i'm just going to keep an eye on it I guess. Does anyone know if Saurik put the image into Safe Mode, or was that a glitch?

Figured it out, well atleast whats actually going on, and I got screen shots this time!

So what I'm seeing is I get a voicemail, when I go to check it I get this phantom blank text(look at the date/time stamp though sep 9 2012 5:09pm) I can't reply to it and when I try to call the blank number it crashes my springboard resulting in the last two pics. Someone just posted a thread about this and it seems to be a T-Mobile problem they are working on resolving...
    Last edited by crashzilla00; 2009-04-24 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by crashzilla00 View Post
    Ok, I've been searching on here for the last 40min and this thread is the closest to what I'm seeing on my phone right now. Basically, I got a blank sms from a blank number. Then I tried to open it and my Springboard crashed into safe mode with my lock screen displaying some binary and a sick iphone message in what almost looked like dos. I was checking my voicemail when I go the first blank sms, one was a legit voice mail and the other was someone calling me by mistake(or atleast it sounded that way). I then got about 5 more of these phantom sms from a blank number with nothing in the sms. I soft reset my phone and all seems well but I have no idea what the hell was going on and I don't want anything on my phone that I, myself, didn't put there. BTW I'm unlocked on T-Mobile in the US and running 2.2.1 on a 2g iPhone. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!
    I've had that sad iphone message, I found a picture of it (thanks google)

Google Image Result for http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3627/3355527863_881e1e97b9.jpg

it's just part of the safe mode, I only ever get it when I am docking my iphone in the car with the belkin tunebase - either while docking it or sometimes just while listening to music with it.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

Default I got my iphone out of the safe mode...
    I fixed my safe-mode problem by slowly removing the apps that I recently downloaded before the "error" msg. I was lucky to find it fast as it was a cydia application called "Remember me~". Deleted it, restarted springboard and voilá. I hope you guys get ur phone fixed also.
    - Phil.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12