Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 fresh out the box...UNLOCKED?!

Default 1.1.3 fresh out the box...UNLOCKED?!
    Well my 1.1.1 iphone burned out. I sent in for repair or a new one. As i assume ill be getting a new phone but it will most likely be 1.1.3. My 1.1.1 was jailbroken and fine. But im sure there are some ways to unlock a 1.1.3 out of the box...im lookin for the best way from all you guys, opinions are welcome as well, i just hope i cant get it unlocked and working fine. The best unlocking 1.1.3 out of box way is pretty much what im loookin for.

im just really worried that i wont be able to get it unlocked and im screwed alot of money. ive heard storys that when unlocking some thing dont work efficently or not at all

im just really worried that i wont be able to get it unlocked and im screwed alot of money. ive heard storys that when unlocking some thing dont work efficently or not at all

im just afraid that it wont work and ill be screwed alot of money
    Last edited by joseph1313; 2008-02-27 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ziPhone I believe works: http://www.ziphone.org
    Thanks,
    Matt

ZiPhone? any one on here have 1.1.3 out of box used this and any comments?

Should work, from original topic:

For 4.6 Bootloader (iPhone's that came with 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 out of the box):
    • Unlocks your iPhone
    • Jailbreaks your iPhone
    • Activates your iPhone
    • Repairs your iPhone
    Good luck!
    Thanks,
    Matt

wait since my phone is brand new it has to be activated even if i use it for t-mobile?

ziPhone does that all .

You just start it up and click the big Do it all! buttom and it unlocks, activates, and jailbreaks it for you.
    Thanks,
    Matt

wow nice and youve done this b4 agent? any trouble?

Well I can't say that I've done all that on an OTB 1.1.3 iPhone, but I have used the unloack/jailbreak features.

And if you read on the website, no iPhone has ever been bricked or ruined in the process. Once you get it unlocked, I wouldn't know where to tell you to go from their to get everything working on T-Mobile, but if you search around you'll find what you need.
    Thanks,
    Matt

thats good to hear agent.....so wen i get my otb 1.1.3 just run this program and im good. But my other question is in order to jus even use ipod and all that without phone part for a while the phone has to be activated? i thaguht all activation stuff was for at&t?

The phone does need to be activated to use any of the features. You can use ziPhone if you want to trick it into being activated if you want before you unlock it.
    Thanks,
    Matt

so in order to use any other features had to be activated...why cant i just use ziphone for everything right?

Yes you need to activate it.

You can use ziPhone for everything, here's a little list of what you can do:

- Jailbreak
    - Download BootLoader (For unlock on 1.1.3)
    - Activate
    - Unlock SIM-Lock (For T-Mobile)

So all you need is one click and the iPhone will be at it's best!
    Thanks,
    Matt

I bought a brand new iPhone last sat after selling my old one.. It came with 1.1.3 OTB with 4.6BL of course... I downloaded ZiPhone v2.4 for windows and also installed .NET 2.0 mobile framework which needs to be installed for ZiPhone... Do those two things then take phone out of box. Open ZiPhone just plug in Phone do tounch anything let iTunes open then click the do it all from ZiPhone.. Give or take 4mins later you will put your T-Mobile sim in and guess what have fun... Yes Ive done this and yes I'm using T-Mobile..
    iPhone 8gb- OTB 1.1.3 fully unlocked and everything working great plus mods

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Just did this last night with ZiPhone and was up and running in less than 5 mins
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped