Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ftp To Iphone Directory Descriptions?

Default Ftp To Iphone Directory Descriptions?
    Now that we have learned how to ftp to our iphones/pods we are given read and write access to our iphones. My question is where do we start. Is there any guides or file descriptions we can look at. Where is music,video stored. How can we open these files. How can We write to these files.. Who do i talk to to learn the file structures and languages for the information seen in Ftp. A post should be sticky'd with a description of each folder and file types.

Var- controls What Aspects on the iphone/pod
    root- ect.... I 'm not familiar with .imhp files, are there converters?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by octechx View Post
    Now that we have learned how to ftp to our iphones/pods we are given read and write access to our iphones. My question is where do we start. Is there any guides or file descriptions we can look at. Where is music,video stored. How can we open these files. How can We write to these files.. Who do i talk to to learn the file structures and languages for the information seen in Ftp. A post should be sticky'd with a description of each folder and file types.

Var- controls What Aspects on the iphone/pod
    root- ect.... I 'm not familiar with .imhp files, are there converters?
    First, and I guess most importantly, you cannot move Music/Video files back and forth via FTP. The iPhone will not see them. iTunes uses its own organization methods and renames all music/video/photo files that are synced to the iPhone.

Your Home directory is at /var/private/root (for 1.12 and under) or /var/private/mobile (for 1.13).

If you want to learn file system structure, pick up a book on Unix for Dummies.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.