Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: sleep startup sreeen battery problem?

Unhappy sleep startup sreeen battery problem?
    Hi

Iphone 2g 1.1.4 unlocked with winpwn.

Phone worked fine for several months.

Somone stood on it cracked screen glass - still worked fine for several months, even touch sensitive over cracks.

Current problem.

Allow phone to auto sleep or manually sleep with sleep button.
    When home button pressed phone is at startup screen, goes through start procedure (including find network) and works fine, until next sleep (same again).

While sleeping, If I call the number the callers phone hears ringing tone for about 8 rings then call fails. No ringing on this phone. Phone lights up with startup screeen, and changes to home screen, ready to slide bar to open. Same symptoms when sms sent while asleep.

Some other points:

If phone sleep is set to Never then no problem
    If phone is plugged into charger, no problem *** even if it goes to sleep ***

last item suggest some power problem when powered by battery.

Could it be that when it was stood on a boad has been cracked causing the failure?

Thanks ColinK

still need help

Further info:
    I have restored previous ipsw file. No change.

Prior to problem a non original mains charger appeared to cause following error message:

Phone will only function in flight mode

Hi

I still need help on this. I have had no replies. Does anyone think this is a unique problem? I would have thought that there were no unique problems.

Thanks ColinK
    Last edited by colink; 2008-09-21 at 02:35 AM. Reason: add email notification

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

There's a first time for everything so I'm thinking that this IS a unique problem. I haven't had anyone stand on my phone; I have had someone kick it out of my hand and it land on the floor.... Anyway I'm thinking this is a hardware problem if a restore didn't work. Over time something might have came loose inside your phone. You could try to restore using DFU mode to make sure it is a hardware prob. If it is, the only choice I think you have is to take it to an Apple Store....
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan