Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!!! How do i shut EDGE off (2.0.2 - 2g iPhone) $$$$$$$$

Exclamation HELP!!! How do i shut EDGE off (2.0.2 - 2g iPhone) $$$$$$$$
    I moved my old iPhone to version 2.0.2 and placed a standard rogers SIM card into it and now all of the sudden I can surf (with wifi OFF) the internet and stuff....

BUT

When I was on 1.1.4 I wasnt able to (because I never placed the EDGE settings into the phone so it was IMPOSSIBLE).

NOW

When I goto the stats page it says ive downloaded 6mb (BAD) and im able to surf with wifi OFF..With 2.0.2 does it automatically get the edge settings from the network or something? How is this possible? Its all on my GF's bill too LOL (in for an *** whipping).

Is there something I can do to totally get edge off 2.0.2 or can someone tell me whats happend???

- eddy

is it possible that the 2.0.2 (3g firmware?) has the edge settings built in for rogers? that might explain why I can get on without ever having to put the settings in?

Im on the phone on hold with rogers now to see if shes been charged or not.
    Last edited by eddyg519; 2008-09-14 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Jailbreak your phone, install Boss Pref from Cydia and turn off edge. I have to tell you that I have personnal friends that downloaded 19MB from Rogers without a plan and they received a 1000$ bill

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just install Boss Prefs and that should take care of your problem. That's assuming you know what Cydia is...

Well i called rogers and bull shitted my way thru it. Thank god it was only 88$ lol I had them disable EDGE on the account all together.

thanks for the heads up ill download that software as well just to be safe.