Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fix for Wrong Incoming SMS Time Stamp

Smile Fix for Wrong Incoming SMS Time Stamp
    I didn't see a final solution on the wrong SMS Time Stamp.

Here I'd like to share my production on this fix (FW 1.1.2).
    I only tested this fix with FW 1.1.2, timezone is GMT+0800. Now 1.1.3 is not supported.

First, you may need to check the offset of your timezone to GMT.
    Then you may need to check the offset of the wrong SMS timestamp to see if it is the same as your timezone offset to GMT.

For example, I'm in China, and my timezone is GMT+0800, i.e. 8 hours. And my wrong timestamps are also about 8 hours ahead.

If so, please browse to the following page:
    http://coding.steven.googlepages.com/SMSTimeFixEN.html

I'm providing a installer source for the fix. Now it is in testing stage. I have no other way to test for other timezones (because I'm located in China physically) and other FW versions.

One thing you must make clear before you install it is that after you install the fix, you may still get wrong timestamps, which may be different to what you see now. Then this must be a BUG. Please write to me no matter it works or not, so that I can update the support list or fix the bug. If it makes your SMS timestamps worse, you may safely get recovered by uninstall it. Uninstalling the fix will get your future messages the same as before, but will not affect those SMSs which were arrived during the fix is in your iPhone.

If you interested - what does my fix do?
    For each message you receive, it will check the time offset of the timestamp of the message and compares with the your timezone's offset. If they are amost the same (differs within half an hour), it will update the timestamp automatically. This is done by an insert trigger. So, if the time stamp is correct, it will do nothing; if the time stamp is not correct, it will fix it automatically.
    Last edited by wjding; 2008-02-26 at 04:49 PM. Reason: change the link