Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: contacts from 2 g iphone to 3 g iphone

Default contacts from 2 g iphone to 3 g iphone
    Ok here goes nothing. I have a 2g iphone with all my contacts stored on the phone. The phone is running 2.0 firmware. Now I just bought a 3 g iphone but in the mists of the phone transfer my sim was lost and I had to get a new one. Now I can put the sim in the 2 g and copy the numbers over because the only program I know that does that is isim for the 1.x firmware. Now ive tried ssh'ing the 2g copying the addressbook from the to g to my computer and then from my computer to the 3g. Everything looks like its getting replaced, and it is the same file size when I re ssh to compare it to the one on my desktop, but still no contacts.

If ne one knows a solution to this problem I would greatly appreciate the help or any input. I would also like to apologize in advanced if someone already answered this question I have been searching for a couple hours now and couldn’t find ne information that would fit my situation. Only people that was to sync everything. Wilson

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Couldn't you just sync your contacts with iTunes with your old iPhone then sync again with the 3g?

I had to set up both my iPhones exactly the same and did just that.
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pncntigger For This Useful Post:

T_Mac_Daddy_69 (2008-09-13)