Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!! iphone keeps freezing no matter what I do!

Default HELP!! iphone keeps freezing no matter what I do!
    I started a thread a few days ago about my iphone freezing here:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...-freezing.html

I re-pwned with winpwn 2.5 and began trying to use Cydia. Things started out okay. I was able to download winterboard and categories, but I did have a problem with the phone freezing after the download of categories was complete. I performed a hard reboot and then things were fine. I started to download a few other things from Cydia - cycorder, a couple of themes, and then when I tried to download dtunes, sure enough, it froze again. I tried the hard reboot, but the phone just hangs on the boot logo.

What am I doing wrong?!?! I give the phone ample time between downloads and before hitting the "return to cydia" or "close window" button after a download so that the phone is not too overloaded, but it seems like I always end up with a frozen phone. I am so tired of having to do a restore & then having to redownload EVERYTHING!!!

Someone please, please, please help!! Thanks in advance!

I am having the same issue here. I have a 2G iphone. Tried initially updating to 2.0.2 in itunes then using quickpwn to jailbreak. This kept leading to the iphone crashing when i load up apps/ cydia installing an app. After a dozen or so attempts and restores, i decided to make myself a custom firmware. This still keeps the phone crashing and me having to do a restore after everytime. Can anyone help?

Yes, I've done the custom firmware thing too. This time when was stuck on the boot screen, I plugged it into my computer and did 4-5 hard reboots (not DFU mode) and eventually I got it unfrozen. But I still need to fix this.... like, if this happens and I'm not home, I can't really plug it in!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Try restoring in DFU mode with the original firmware then again with your custom one. Don't download Catagories. It seems like you are having issues with that download. See if your phone works then.
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

I've done the restore to the original firmware and then tried pwning again. I don't think it's categories. I first had this problem when trying to download a certain winterboard theme. Then, after restoring, I had the problem with Winterboard. I've also experienced the problem with downloading Cycorder and dTunes as well. So I don't think it's any specific program.... it seems to me like it's something else...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bigperm26's Avatar
    Thanks

I too have had the exact same issue. It always freezes in Cydia after a random dowmload. Happened with Snapture, Cycorder, and a couple Winterboard themes. I've done the custom FW on 2.0.2 about 6 times in the last week. So I pwned it, downloaded the apps via cydia that i wanted (Snapture, Intelliscreen, Winterbaord, and Bossprefs, and a couple themes.) Everything was ok, I initiallized all these apps, THEN synced my APPLE apps and music. I'm not touching it until I see a fix.

Always happen in Cydia. The "restart springboard" button is instant freeze! My suggestion is start fresh, get the apps and themes from Cydia BEFORE syncing everything else. It will save time. Then leave it alone until there is a fix.

Lot's of people are experiencing the same issue.

Are you all using an unlocked iphone? Anyone just jailbroke? It would be nice to try to narrow it down.

Default Frozen by Cydia
    I have a jailbroken phone and it freezes when Cydia asks to
    "Restart Springboard". After have to Restore and Jailbreak twice, I figured I could get around it by pressing home button instead selecting "Restart Springboard". My phone didnt freeze then, but it did when I rebooted. So whether the springboard is restarted from Cydia or manually, it still freezes.

Post How to fix your problem!
    You guys need to download iFile you can find it for free. It's $4 on Cydia.

http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...eze-issue.html

HELP! My Iphone freezes every time no matter what too!

Mine kept freezing every now and then also. Yesterday i was at the park with my son, had my phone in my pocket when i went to us it, it wouldn't do anything, nothing. So i held down the power button thinking it got shut off and of coarse being JB i had to hook back up to iTunes to get it to work. Low and behold it wouldn't let me restore without upgrading to 3.1.3. I almost hate this phone now not being JB....