Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: updating BL

Default updating BL
    I recently bought an iphone about 5 months ago (Mar 08) in India which was jaibroken, activated and unlocked fully. The HWinfo reported these details

firmware 1.1.3
    baseband 04.04.05_G
    BL 3.9M3S2
    serial #88809 (did some research and found out that 4th and 5th digits are week of manufacturing) and found that mine is week 9 in 2008. Pls correct me if I am wrong.

My question is the phone came with a 3.9 BL or 4.6 BL and how come the baseband is reporting that of 1.1.4 firmware. I do not know what software the dealer has used to unlock my iphone.

My friend has 04.02.13_g with firmware 1.1.3 and BL 4.6 bought much earlier than me

Now how do I update BL to 4.6 and is it worth doing it. Bootneuter does not run on 1.1.3 firmware

If BL is updated to 4.6 what changes/performance will I get from updating.

Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

restore to 1.1.4 (this will update BL) then just re-jailbreak.
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

which tool i should use to jailbreak and will i lose all my data? if so, can I restore the data from itunes which will be backed up..Also i want to know what firmware my phone had come on the date of purchase. Instead of restoring to 1.1.4 can i not use bootneuter to update BL from 3.9 to 4.6...

pls help me out i am very new to this unlocking/jailbreaking