Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: no volume at all

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default no volume at all
    for some reason their is no volume on my iPhone, the speaker and the earphones, i hear nothing. and it just happened suddenly.
    when i go to the ipod and click play nothing happens, it dosent even go to the pause button, just stays at the play one.

this is the second time this happen, last time i restored and restarted my iphone.

does any one know what the hell i can do to fix this withought restore, i think ive restored this phone over 30 times and im just getting sick of it.

ohh and i have an 1.1.2 OOB HW unlocked iphone btw

thanks,

moeshou

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Don't know if it will fix your Iphone, but I had the same problem after traveling with headset. Plugged H/S cord back in, removed, then everything back to normal.

Don't understand, but it worked.

I had the same problem.

Try this. Go to Settings-->General-->Reset

Reset all, and your sound should be restored.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Piazza331 For This Useful Post:

moeshou (2008-02-26)

I had a similar issue happen twice. The first time, fixed it by plugging in the headphones start to play a song and remove the headphones while the song is playing. The second time, I just rebooted and got my sound back.

Both times on different firmware versions btw

hey all i have that problem but not with music or anything like that im using i tunes 7.6 and when i convert videos for i pod or i phone and then transfer them to my i phone the videos play but i hear no sound or i hear a muffled sound any help? also when i delete the file off of i tunes it's showing as a m4v file should it be a different file extension or is that correct? any help greatly appreciated...

Quote Originally Posted by supersexybean View Post
    hey all i have that problem but not with music or anything like that im using i tunes 7.6 and when i convert videos for i pod or i phone and then transfer them to my i phone the videos play but i hear no sound or i hear a muffled sound any help? also when i delete the file off of i tunes it's showing as a m4v file should it be a different file extension or is that correct? any help greatly appreciated...
    Reset all your settings. It should work. Mine worked.

Let me know....

reset all settings fixed mine as well...

Default i did that...
    hey guys thanks all for the help but i did that and to no avail the videos still have the same issue...but more so now i have even bigger fish to fry or so i would assume seeing that im a noob to it all...my i phone no longer syncs with my i tunes (version 7.6) it says that i need to master reset the phone but also it will upgrade the software to v 1.1.4 im afraid i don't want to do that and im also skeptical that i would crash the phone if i do...please shed some light on my issue and give any feed back possible...thanks in advance...PLEASE HELP

Hi Guys: I just had this problem today and resolved it by re-booting my 3G iPhone. I have had my phone on continuously for over a week so that may be the reason the sound went away. Seems like I had this problem once with my original iPhone and resolved it the same way. Obviously, you'll want to try this first before doing a reset.