Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Thinking of putting the default 1.1.3 on my phone...

Default Thinking of putting the default 1.1.3 on my phone...
    Well I am thinking of putting the default 1.1.3 load on my Iphone. I have had it jailbroken for, well...since...1.0.

I have really not thought about putting 1.1.3 on my iphone seeing as I have seen several people having issues with it. I wanted to get a few people to "chime" in and get some opinions.

I like some of the things 1.1.3 have with the google maps thing (navizon seems to only work SOMETIMES). Another thing that is bugging me is a small icon on my phone next to the battery and the alarm icons...it looks like a "life preserver" or a circle with an X in it. Maybe someone could tell me what it is for?

I have had a few issues with my phone not working in the last couple of weeks (Reason I am thinking of un-jailbreaking it), I have had to reboot it a couple times here and there to work correctly.

Lastly, more and more looking forward to the SDK approved software for it, but I am afraid that people are going to charge $20 or so for those app's that I feel should be on the system to begin with...(same old arguement I have seen before).

Anyway, I could use some opinions....keep it Jailbroke with 1.1.2 or upgrade to Jailbroke 1.1.3... or just blow it up and put 1.1.3 from Apple on it with no jailbreak...???? Help?!?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Upgrade. The integrated locate me feature works better than Navizon. I love being able to move my icons around on the springboard. All the current apps are 1.1.3 compatible now. I would recommend upgrading to 1.1.3 and using ziphone (3 mins) rather than the dev team method just b/c it takes FOREVER. (hour and 15 mins). Thats my 2 cents...

I agree. I would do an upgrade to 1.1.3, then maybe a restore to 1.1.3 again just to clean things up. See if you're still having problems on a fresh install of the firm.

After that, if you want to be jailbroken, just use ZiPhone to jailbreak, and you'll be golden.

Honestly, after all that BS about jailbreaking and the soft upgrades etc., jailbreaking 1.1.3, is just about as easy as jailbreakme.com. All you have to do is click jailbreak or unlock/activate, and within 2 minutes tops, everything is done, and you will be good to go.