Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone fried?

Default iphone fried?
    plugged my iphone up to dc powered speaker and clock set and it worked fine. I downloaded some more music and plugged it back in and it went crazy. The screen would show the apple and then go crazy...like a tv set going bad....lines and bars running all over the place. Now it won't come on at all. Any ideas or suggestions for repair? I don't mind paying to have it repaired. I just want some input from you guys. I have used balck berry for a while but I am new to the iphone......THANKS!!

i say use ziphone to return it to the normal state, and bring it to an apple store.

Can't run any program on it. It won't power up or anything. Need to send off for repairs, but most people want you to send SIM card with it and can't do that.

Try this: Turn off your phone. Then hold the home button while it is off, then while still holding, plug it into your computer, but keep holding the home button until your phone has the iTunes and USB plug picture on it. Now you are in recovery mode and you can restore and re-ziphone.

There is no turning it off......it does nothing...no matter how long I hold the home button

Banned
    Thanks

call apple and tell them ur problem....DO NOT TELL THEM IT WAS MODDED IF IT WAS! they will send u a box next day and u will send ur back and they will send u a new one...VERY SIMPLE! i hooked mine up to a car battery and did this