Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Staying connected to one wifi network

Default Staying connected to one wifi network
    Hello,

I work at a museum and we are trying to develop a program where we use the iPod Touch as an interactive tour device. The one thing I was wondering is if it is possible to have the iPod Touch stay connect to one designated wifi network. There are several connections in our vicinity, including a really bad free network, and I would prefer to utilize the museum's wifi. Is this possible at all? I'm not too knowledgeable on networks. If I have a static IP set up for a network, would it default to that?

Any help would be so appreciated!

Thanks!

sparky03

Quote Originally Posted by sparky03 View Post
    Hello,

I work at a museum and we are trying to develop a program where we use the iPod Touch as an interactive tour device. The one thing I was wondering is if it is possible to have the iPod Touch stay connect to one designated wifi network. There are several connections in our vicinity, including a really bad free network, and I would prefer to utilize the museum's wifi. Is this possible at all? I'm not too knowledgeable on networks. If I have a static IP set up for a network, would it default to that?

Any help would be so appreciated!

Thanks!

sparky03
    As long as the iPod touch has never been connected to those other networks it will stay on your network. To make sure though someone doesnt accidentally switch it over disable the feature were it asks to join networks within settings. Also if you have connected to those other networks go and connect to those networks you don't like and tell the iPod touch to forget this network.