Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: tmobile iPhone 2g 2.0.2 firmware completely useless please help!!!!!

Unhappy tmobile iPhone 2g 2.0.2 firmware completely useless please help!!!!!
    i have a tmobile 2g 2.0.2 iphone. i dont know why i wanted to update my firmware because i was doing just fine with the 1.1.4. But i did i followed the instructins on how to pwn the phone or whatever and get it to work with the new firmware. so i got the firmware updated and had no service it didnt say t-mobile or anything. so i went into cydia and downloaded the bootneuter because i thought that would help. i ran the bootneuter and when i ran it it asks u to check the boxes of what you want it to do. i checked every box except for the one that said fakeblank. so i was waiting for that to finish but it was taking long so i pressed the home button and messed it up. then i tried running the bootneuter again and there was a error. then my phone turned off then back on and it said error your phone cannot make or recieve calls. then after a while it just got stuck on a pineapple logo every time i turn it on.

BUT BASICALLY MY PROBLEM NOW IS WHEN I TURN IT ON IT GOES TO THE PINEAPPLE LOGO THEN GOES TO LIKE A CARTOON PICTURE OF STEVE JOBS WITH HIS ARMS IN THE AIR AND WORDS COMING OUT OF HIS MOUTH??? I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING MY PHONE WONT GO TO DFU OR ANYTHING PLEASEEEEE HELP!!!!

Thanks

If you stopped it in the middle of the bootloader flash when it said "DO NOT INTERUPT!!!" your phone is screwed, put frankly. If it has the steve jobs icon just restore it with iTunes. Or make a new .ipsw with pwnage to restore to. Then try bootneuter to reflash everything, but DO NOT INTERRUPT IT!!!

it doesn't see the iphone when i hook it up to the computer can you give me instructions or somthing on what i can do to get my phone back???

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Had the exact same problem with 2.0.1., cept my auto lock turned on and screwed it that way. Basically what happened is it didnt flashing the baseband, rendering it useless.

Your going to have to downgrade itunes to 7.5, and go back to uncustomized 1.1.4 firmware. Believe me, I tried everything within my power and I failed miserably for about 2 days.

1) connect phone to itunes
    2) put phone in dfu mode
    3) restore to 1.1.4

From there just upgrade again; however, I suggest having winpwn (or whatever your pwning tool of choice may be) run bootneuter for you and have it auto delete it afterwards to avoid this problem in the future. Hope this helps.
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

but no matter what i do i cant hook it up to itunes and i cant put it in dfu mode when i turn it on it goes to the pineapple logo then to steve jobs. the when i try to put it in dfu it does the same exact thing???

Thanks

Here Are directions to get to DFU mode.

ok i got it into dfu mode but when i try to restore it it goes to could not be restored an unknown error 1604

Thanks

What version of iTunes are you running? What firmware are you trying to load? Honestly, when I had error 1604, the only thing that worked for me was non custom 1.1.4 restored using itunes 7.5. I crossed referenced that when I figured it out, and it seemed to be working for others as well. Sometimes little things make a big difference.

can you give me the full instructions on how exactly to do that?? to downgrade back to 1.1.4 on my iphone it just has a connect to itunes screen??

Thanks

ok, here it goes:

1) uninstall your current itunes.

2) reinstall 7.5 (you can download it here Old Version of iTunes Download)

3) download firmware 1.1.4 ( download here: IPhone Firmware Download Links - ModMyI - Wiki)

4) connect Iphone, place in dfu mode (turn off phone, hold power + home for 10 sec., let go of power button while continuing to hold home for 10+ seconds), then itunes should recognize it. Also, when your in dfu mode your screen should be completely blank, but itunes should recognize your phone.

5) In itunes on your iphone properties page, shift click "restore" and find the firmware you just downloaded.

6) Wait for restore.

I highly recommend that you upgrade to the firmware that you wish to pwn before you actually pwn it. I had more problems trying jump from 1.1.4 to a custom 2.0.1. Could just be my phone. Hope you get it duder.

Edit: oh yea, when you upgrade your itunes back to a current version (which you need to do in order to upgrade to 2.x.x firmware) keep the 7.5 installer file around, it might come in handy.
    Last edited by Grassmasta; 2008-09-04 at 02:43 AM.
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

Grassmasta,

After letting my 8 yr old at my 2g jailbroken 2.1 iphone (boy am i dumb) it was returned with the Steve Jobs cartoon. I can start the phone by holding power and home until pineapple appears, then releasing power only until it starts (about a minute or more). Any other attempt to start gets me to Steve. Also, it is no longer recognisable to itunes.

When the Main menu finally appears and I can select any app. Problem is, home key is not functional, so once in an app, I cannot exit. Must restart phone again holding power and home.

I found your post and I followed the directions. Downgraded itunes to 7.5. Tried to put phone in dfu mode while running itunes. itunes still won't recognize my phone.

Did my boy brick my phone for good? What do you think?

Thanks

Well, honestly I havent personally encountered such an issue. But I would imagine that you didnt brick your phone. Try putting into DFU mode. Itunes should recognize it that way. It sounds like a software issue, considering that you use your Home button to help start your phone...if you can get iTunes to recognize your phone through DFU mode, you should be able to do a clean restore. Also, you shouldnt need to downgrade your iTunes unless your experiencing a 1601-1604 issue. You can restore your phone with the latest iTunes (assuming that DFU gets your phone recognized by iTunes).

Side question, does your phone charge?
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Grassmasta For This Useful Post:

shelli2k (2008-12-01)

Grassmasta,

Thanks for replying to my post. My appologies for hijacking this thread. On further examination, it looks like my problem in fact is the HOME key. Because of this, i cant get the phone in DFU mode. Neither PC nor itunes sees the phone at all. I can start the phone only when disconnected from usb. I can navigate only using soft keys. I must re-start to change apps.

If usb is connected when starting, Steve jobs appears.

It is charging, but battery screen doesn't appear.

I read all posts regarding this problem and there appears to be no software solution. It seems no one has been successful emulating home key or reassigning home key.

I have spent way too much time fiddling with this thing. Looks like my iphone is now an ipaperweight.

Thanks

That's unfortunate my man. Well, you can always lowball some one on craigs list.

i have a iphone first generation with rogers carrier 1.1.3 firmware unlocked and i want to upgrade to 2.1 how do you do it using quickpwn

Thanks

download the latest version of quickpwn and run that with the updated FW on itunes...you should be good doesnt take too long
    Dont be that guy..!!!

Hello Moderator,,
    can you help me in this,, during unlocking my iphone 2g ,, I removed during last step early,, now it was with pineapple logo only,,, Iam not able to connect it to itunes or open a home page, or nothing it comes,, when I switch on it , it comes with pineapple logo only,,,