Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 348.8 mb of "other" space used?

Default 348.8 mb of "other" space used?
    Hey all,

I am running a 1.1.3 jailbroken phone (using nate's jb) and it has 348.8mb of space being used under the "Other" section. While I do run quite a few custom apps, I have no themes or anything that would be using anything CLOSE to that amount of disk space.

I have also deleted the YouTube.zip and root.zip folder left in the /root/ folder left by nate's jb.

Any ideas what's using all the space, or how I could find the largest files on my iPhone?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Are all of the other 503 posts you have also this useless?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Not nearly as useless as this thread is, you cunnning little interweb hero.

You're telling me that a question seeking help is not suited for a community that hacks, mods, and otherwise knows the iphone extremely well? Or perhaps I am posting in the wrong section? The general questions seemed like a good place to start to me....

Frankly, I think that if you don't have anything better to do then troll, I recommend going outside or just finding a hobby.

Anyway, if anyone has an actual answer, I would really appreciate it.

Run a search. I think this is a common problem related to the update method. You probably still have the updated firmware image stored on the phone though I can't tell you how to find and delete it safely.

I believe that there is also a bug in iTunes 7.6 that leaves 200mb of other even if you use the ziphone method.

Would it be the disk image where you updated to 1.1.3?
    There is a file in installer that removes it.

I thought that it was an iTunes bug because it didnt recognize the stuff right because I have 400+ MB on my phone, and my friend who has tons of ROMs and just lots of ish on his phone has 800+MB of Other...