Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Exchanging Iphone with Apple

Quote Originally Posted by LordSati View Post
    the few people i know who returned jailbroken phones virginized and then activated an att prepaid account with 10 bucks on the account made a phone call and then synced the phone with the prepaid sim in it...
    For the people you know that did this, did they need to have a deposit or something for the prepaid account?I went into an AT&T store and they were explaining that if i have bad credit or no credit then I can get the prepaid sim account or something. But they were also talkin about how I had to put down a 250$ deposit or something. I thoght it would be fairly simple. Could I use the original AT&T sim cad to start a prepaid account easily?

any input?
    Last edited by franklinromeo; 2008-03-24 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

it's not the sim card that's the problem. it's your credit, although the whole reason behind a prepaid account is so that you're not locked in a contract and no deposits are necessary so either the AT&T people told you the wrong thing or you misheard

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    it's not the sim card that's the problem. it's your credit, although the whole reason behind a prepaid account is so that you're not locked in a contract and no deposits are necessary so either the AT&T people told you the wrong thing or you misheard
    so if I bring the iphone in with the original simcard/virginized to an AT&T store, then technically I should be able to start a real quick 10 dollar prepaid account?

any help is appreciated
    Last edited by franklinromeo; 2008-03-25 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

just bring the sim card in and say that you arleady have a sim card and would like to start a prepaid account. if you take the phone with you they'll tell you you need an iphone plan for the iphone, to be activated via itunes at home

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    just bring the sim card in and say that you arleady have a sim card and would like to start a prepaid account. if you take the phone with you they'll tell you you need an iphone plan for the iphone, to be activated via itunes at home
    If i only bring the sim card in won't they ask/offer me a phone. Do I just tell them that I already have a phone someone gave me or something?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

you don't have to tell them anything nor do you have to bring a phone. Just tell them that you want a prepaid acct

1.) What if they do ask me about a phone though?I can't just say "I don't have to tell you"can I?
    2.) Once they do activate the sim card, I just pop it in the iphone and it's good to go?

need help with these 2 questions.

Last edited by franklinromeo; 2008-03-27 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone gavko's Avatar
    Thanks

you dont even need to take a sim with you.just go to att ask them to give you new prepaid sim card(its for free) adn also ask them to fill it up with 10 bucks or just buy the refil card and refill it yourself.if they ak abouy the phone you just tell them that you have phone home.just make up any phone but anyway thats not their business...so no worries.just dont tell them nothing about iphone.

yeah and once you have soem money on the card you just pop it in and phone is ready to go...
    Last edited by gavko; 2008-03-27 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by gavko View Post
    you dont even need to take a sim with you.just go to att ask them to give you new prepaid sim card(its for free) adn also ask them to fill it up with 10 bucks or just buy the refil card and refill it yourself.if they ak abouy the phone you just tell them that you have phone home.just make up any phone but anyway thats not their business...so no worries.just dont tell them nothing about iphone.

yeah and once you have soem money on the card you just pop it in and phone is ready to go...
    will i have to setup a new number?

Last edited by franklinromeo; 2008-03-27 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone gavko's Avatar
    Thanks

if your previous number is capable of "you keeping it" then you can keep it.you will just need all of your info from your current account with you when going to att.if you'll choose prepaid card-pick your plan you can even have unlimited data plan working with iphone for 20/month

Alright I've got my sim card and everything and i think I'm ready to go to the apple store. Do you guys think it would be alright to say "My Iphone's Sound completly stopped working randomly after I woke up one morning."?

Anyone out there?
    Last edited by franklinromeo; 2008-03-29 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12