Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore Bootloader to 4.6

Quote Originally Posted by climber_rich View Post
    That's too bad. Unfortunately, I didn't do enough research before I modded my iphone. Hopefully, it won't matter in the end.
    Hopefully.

But we will see.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

I've "permanently" downgraded my bootloader to 3.9 b/c I used ziphone 2.5, so now I'm looking for the hardware method to restore to the original 3.9. I'm comfortable with taking the iPhone apart and getting test points, but I'm not sure about the order and timing of the software and specific commands to run. Can someone point me in the right direction? I've done a lot of searching on the web and even ran across some hardware unlocks, but not 100% sure how to accomplish restoring the original 3.9 bl or upgrading to 4.6 so that I can then use iPlus 2 to install the 3.9 fake blank bootloader so that I can undo things if I need to in the future. Many thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tntmorgan View Post
    I've "permanently" downgraded my bootloader to 3.9 b/c I used ziphone 2.5, so now I'm looking for the hardware method to restore to the original 3.9.
    From what I have read and understand, if you originally had a 3.9BL, and used Ziphone 2.5 to unlock, your bootloader is NOT touched. I posed a question on a different thread asking what it means for iPhones that originally had 3.9BL and used ZiPhone. I was answered by Buzios and Aviegas (who released iPlus 2.0). Here's that thread...

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...t=60771&page=4

cheers,
    e
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to echo For This Useful Post:

tntmorgan (2008-03-17)

my solution was craigslisting my iphone and buying a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by alectra82 View Post
    my solution was craigslisting my iphone and buying a new one.
    (Sigh). I'll probably end up doing that too.

Quote Originally Posted by echo View Post
    From what I have read and understand, if you originally had a 3.9BL, and used Ziphone 2.5 to unlock, your bootloader is NOT touched. I posed a question on a different thread asking what it means for iPhones that originally had 3.9BL and used ZiPhone. I was answered by Buzios and Aviegas (who released iPlus 2.0). Here's that thread...

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...t=60771&page=4

cheers,
    e
    unfortunately I had 1.1.2 otb which had 4.6 BL on it and thus the 3.9 BL was modded by ZiPhone from what I understand.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tntmorgan View Post
    unfortunately I had 1.1.2 otb which had 4.6 BL on it and thus the 3.9 BL was modded by ZiPhone from what I understand.
    mine too.. returned mine to apple (my original iphone) and got one back that had 1.1.2 otb and it had the 4.6 bl and now its on 3.9. i wish there was a way to upgrade, but its a 4 gig im not keeping it long so i dont care haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12