Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: respring or reboot... resets app order. why? can i stop that?

Default respring or reboot... resets app order. why? can i stop that?
    Like the title says...
    I like to rearrange my icons into pages of related apps (games, media, settings, etc...). Whenever I respring or reboot, the phone changes the order of all my apps to whatever it likes.
    Is there anything that I can do to keep this from happening?

Okay, so I have Categories (thank God this came out!!!). But I'm still having a problem with the icons rearranging themselves. Is anyone else using this problem?
    Last edited by jasoncyap; 2008-09-03 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

is anyone else even having this problem?

Yeah man I'm having the same issue, unbelievably frustrating. Any one have any ideas?

If you have Kate installed it will cause the phone to do that...as least it did on mine.

[irrelevant]
    Last edited by tonycortes; 2010-06-09 at 09:28 AM.

Question Having this problem as well...
    Does anybody have a better or different answer for this problem? Tried resetting, did not work.

Thanks

Ya, it's because you're using some third party hack like Categories or Stacks which is messing up your display order plist. The iPhone can't read it properly do its reverting to the default.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks Eurisko
    Found the problem was with the 5 icon dock. As soon as I uninstalled that feature my icons stayed put. I also uninstalled Kate just to play it safe (wasn't really using it in any case).

One more prob... Just started using Vwallpapers (which are awesome). The problem is I'm using a theme (JTRWallace) with some very nice icons and the Vwallpaper won't work unless I disable the theme. Anyway around this?

How bout taking icons from different themes and mix-matching them with icons from other themes (that would be cool). Any helpful YouTube links would be great.

Yea mates kates a bic*h don't install installer rip dev are a bunch of egg head lookin bastards