Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: EMail Notification Problem

Default EMail Notification Problem
    I haven't been getting notification for emails the past 2 or 3 days. I have to check for emails manually.

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm wondering if it is service problems or my phone.

My Phone: 1.1.2 OTB, upgraded to 1.1.3 and then Ziphone jailbreak.

maybe its too simple but did you set it up to auto check?

settings>mail>auto check> choose your interval
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Never had to have auto check turned on before. The IMAP would push the email the second it would hit my inbox.
    I could send a email to my yahoo account and one second after yahoo messenger would tell me that there is an email, my IPhone would beep and show that there is a new email.

I've got a gmail iMap account and its never pushed email to me I still need to auto check.

I did need to set it all up again after I upgraded to 1.1.3 and used ZiPhone but its never pushed before or since.
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

i have a 1.1.2 otb jailbroke and i have the same issue within the last two days. but i have no auto check in my settings. I did update some apps in the installer in the last few days. i don't remember which ones. any ideas?

I turned off the push setting in settings and then i had an auto check option. It worked. I didn't realy know what the push option did. Still don't put the emails work so hell ya.
    Last edited by docmil; 2008-02-21 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost