Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RING-TONE Trouble PLZ HELP!!!!!!!

Angry RING-TONE Trouble PLZ HELP!!!!!!!
    I am using 1.1.3 firmware not able to figure out yet how set up music to ring-tones SENDSONG from apps does not work for me the songs are there listed as a custom but if someone calls it is marimba! HELP PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone doogee's Avatar
    Thanks

just go buy iphoneringtonemaker

screw that dont pay any money, this is what you do......

1.1.3 and the newest itunes has reinabled the old hack trick of changing the .m4a to a .m4r

this is what you do get your mp3 ....
    -download ibrickr
    -plug your phone into your computer let itunes recognize it
    -now open ibrickr, it should display (ringtones,sounds,applications...etc)
    -open ringtones , now navigate threw the itunes music folder find the song you want-
    -now press transcode, this will transcode mp3 to m4a
    -now open up ssh, navigate to your rintones *=(root>library>ringtones)
    -now find the location of your ibrickr and open that file, inside the file where you downloaded ibrickr there will be a copy of your transcoded .m4a ringtone
    -drag that into your ringtones in yoru phone and set permissions to 0755 (right click/properties/(change 0655 to 0755)
    -now right click the rintone you just transfered then rename
    -put a .m4r at the end (meaning when you rename delete the mp3.m4a )

and there you go you have a ringtone, sounds lengthy but its very easy and free!
    <put something witty here?>

iPhone? More like MyPhone mixi92's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iphone PC suite
    Use iphone PC suite...it does convert audio files to m4r files easy & have it as a ringtone. And it does more

Read these thread>>>

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?p=188238

or download it at

http://rapidshare.com/files/91795985...0.2.1.rar.html

good luck

works on my 1.1.3 OTB fully unlock and im using 7.5 and i know 7.6 works as well..

1. Open iTunes

2. Create a folder called iPhone Ringtones

3. Find song that you want to create to a Ringtone

4. Right click song and select GET INFO

5. Go to the OPTIONS tab

6. You will see two boxes one for START and one for STOP check both of those boxes.

7. In START box put where you would want the Ringtone to begin example- 0:01 or 1:25

8. In STOP box put the number that would make the Ringtone 29secs long total example- Start 0:25 End 0:54

9. Once you’ve done that and both boxes are checked click OK

10. Now right click song and select Convert to AAC

11. Once that’s done Drag the Converted AAC which should be 29secs long to your iPhone Ringtone folder.

12. Now delete the 29sec AAC song out of iTunes. Don’t forget to take the original song and right click go to GET INFO then OPTIONS and uncheck those boxes then ok.

13. Now in your iPhone Ringtone folder it should say example- TNT.m4a if it doesn’t click on Tools and go to Folder options then click on the View Tab. Scroll down and uncheck the box that has HIDE EXTENSIONS FOR KNOWN FILE TYPES then click apply. Now it should show the .m4a

14. Right click your audio file and click RENAME change the .m4a to m4r. Now it should have a white piece of paper with a CD and music note on it and say ringtone in little letters.

15. Double click the Ringtone and it should automatically show up in iTunes under your ringtones. Now just SYNC and enjoy.
    iPhone 8gb- OTB 1.1.3 fully unlocked and everything working great plus mods

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iPhone_Killa For This Useful Post:

adam30 (2008-03-08), supersexybean (2008-02-29)

i did all that and once i got to the step double click the ringtone icon after i changed it to .mr4. the ringtone folder didnt recognize it.

well its just .m4r no . after it... sry if that was confusing... so it should look just like this TNT.m4r
    iPhone 8gb- OTB 1.1.3 fully unlocked and everything working great plus mods

Thanks

Killa's is the best route. You already have I tunes and there is nothing to download. Follow his instructions step by step and it should work fine. The only problem I see is when you do multiple ringtone syncs they show up as 1 name for all ringtones in the phone . So then you would have to uncheck manage music manually, load all ringtones and recheck the box again. But you WILL have to go thru all the tabs under iPhone and uncheck all the sync boxes or you will re-sync the phone(or un-sync the phone) and have to reload all your content again.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone_Killa View Post
    works on my 1.1.3 OTB fully unlock and im using 7.5 and i know 7.6 works as well..

1. Open iTunes

2. Create a folder called iPhone Ringtones

3. Find song that you want to create to a Ringtone

4. Right click song and select GET INFO

5. Go to the OPTIONS tab

6. You will see two boxes one for START and one for STOP check both of those boxes.

7. In START box put where you would want the Ringtone to begin example- 0:01 or 1:25

8. In STOP box put the number that would make the Ringtone 29secs long total example- Start 0:25 End 0:54

9. Once youíve done that and both boxes are checked click OK

10. Now right click song and select Convert to AAC

11. Once thatís done Drag the Converted AAC which should be 29secs long to your iPhone Ringtone folder.

12. Now delete the 29sec AAC song out of iTunes. Donít forget to take the original song and right click go to GET INFO then OPTIONS and uncheck those boxes then ok.

13. Now in your iPhone Ringtone folder it should say example- TNT.m4a if it doesnít click on Tools and go to Folder options then click on the View Tab. Scroll down and uncheck the box that has HIDE EXTENSIONS FOR KNOWN FILE TYPES then click apply. Now it should show the .m4a

14. Right click your audio file and click RENAME change the .m4a to m4r. Now it should have a white piece of paper with a CD and music note on it and say ringtone in little letters.

15. Double click the Ringtone and it should automatically show up in iTunes under your ringtones. Now just SYNC and enjoy.
    This works! The key was to remove the AAC file from iTunes first!! thanks!

the itunes method is the correct way to do it.

1) set itunes so that it will convert your tunes to aac ( equals m4a) Make sure you do all the songs you want as ringtones before step 2

2) find all the songs you just converted in your itunes music. it probably set them up in their own separate folders named for the artist.

3) i would cut n paste all the m4a into a single folder and name it ringtones for simplicity.

4) change the extensions of all of them from m4a to m4r. ( rename, erase the A and replace with R)

5) open your ssh proggie, i use winscrp 4.6, works fine.

6) now on the left of winscrp, navigate to your newly created ringtones file, and on the right, find your ringtones file on your iphone. Highlight all your ringtones on the left and drag them to the right and wait.

2 things. First, this puts the new ringtones in with the stock tones, so they dont show up as custom tones, but who cares.

second, i personally prefer to keep the ringtone full length because you can use the ringtone for alarms, and typically i need longer than 30 seconds to wake my lazy *** up. But this does use up more memory, so do whatever suits your needs.

I use iRinger.

You just choose a song, edit it to your specifications and it imports it directly to iTunes.

Thanks
    i use this website:http://audiko.net/en.html. this will make it itunes compatible. Then just drop and drag into itunes and hit sync. It worked for me perfectly.