Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OTB 1.1.3 Cannot get SSH to install to use WinScp

Default OTB 1.1.3 Cannot get SSH to install to use WinScp
    I just replaced my old iphone with a OTB 1.1.3. I can use the Ziphone app to jailbreak activate it and evrything, but once I go into installer to put SSH on the phone, it just goes into an endless boot cycle with the little spinny circle and keep making the close app sound. Then I tried rebooting the phone and it makes it to the apple logo and does the same thing. I was forced to then put it into restore and go back to regular 1.1.3. Without SSH I can't use WinScp to put ringtones onto the phone and can't seem to find any other way for ringtones on 1.1.3. Does anyone know what's going on or have suggestions?

You just sync ringtones via iTunes if I'm not mistaken. The same way you would do so in 1.1.2. You don't need any special program or anything.

Reako

i use iphonebrowser. i edit my mp3s and convert them to m4a with dbampconverter then rename with the space before the extension then change the extension to .m4r.

I would give SSH another go first.

Install the BSD Subsystem FIRST from installer, then install OpenSSH from installer. Should work great.

I think you just got a bum install or something, because it should work flawlessly.

I have done a few 1.1.3's without a problem.

Thanks for the help. Yea, I tried doing the bsd first each time and tried 3 times total each time the bsd works fine and then when i try to do open ssh and installer reset to the desktop, it just gets stuck in the refresh mode. I gave up and just bought iphone ringtone maker which is a great program btw! I love it! but, anyway, I'd still like to get BSD and SSH to work to get into the phones files so that I can add wallpapers and such. But just keep having that problem???