Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where are the Photos located on the iPhone?

Default Where are the Photos located on the iPhone?
    Hey guys,

Im looking under /private/var/root/Media/ and theres no additional folders there, and thats where ive been told the photos are located.

Ive also tried searching under /private/var/mobile/media/photos, but theres nothing there either.

Because ive been using snapture, could it be under a different directory??

any helps appreciated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone calebdexter's Avatar
    Thanks

the photos taken with snapture are automatically saved in your camera roll...and you can extract the photos in your camera roll by simply connecting your iphone to your PC open it at your My Computer, it should be like a USB flash drive..it is in the folder 1000APPLE...hope this helps

hey calebdexter,

Thanks man, but the reason why i was asking is because at the moment there is only the 1 camera roll, i was hoping to locate the file for the photos so i could add another folder and hopefully make afew different rolls and move photos into different folders.

Is this even possible?

iPhone? More like MyPhone calebdexter's Avatar
    Thanks

it is not possible to add new camera rolls though..you can add new folders at your photo album, when you sync with your itunes ...

and to add, camera rolls are for the temporary storage of the photos taken thru the camera, what im doing when I take photos, is transfer my camera roll pics into my pictures folder in my pc and sync it with itunes..in that way, your pictures are organized and not all clammed up in your camera roll
    Last edited by calebdexter; 2008-08-31 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to calebdexter For This Useful Post:

gt4junkie (2008-08-31)

Hi

Have you tried this /private/var/mobile/media/DCIM/100APPLE ????

I was searching here for a solution for the same problem but I all of a sudden I figured it out

I used to find them also in the USB flash when connected but the problem was that I can't do anything with them except to Delete them

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

There is more than just the 100 folder in the var/mobile/media/dcim library. Some programs use the 100 folder, some create a new folder, such as the screen shot function has it's own folder. You'll see the 100 folder and under it the 999 folder.

I've organized my photos by syncing through itunes but there are some apps like bosspaper that won't let me find/select the 'Backgrounds' folder I made. It will only let you pick the camera roll to pull pictures from, but I don't want it using the pics I take with my phone. Has anyone figured out how to organize photos under camera roll, maybe through ssh?