Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Missing SMS Feature with 2.02?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Missing SMS Feature with 2.02?
    When I used to get a SMS message on my iPhone I would have the window with Close Reply under the message. I might be just missing something or this feature might have been in something I installed third party but where did it go? When I get a text now I get the popup with the message and thats it. The other feature was nice because you could click on reply and it would take you right to the message.

Thanks ahead of time!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Something must be wrong with your iPhone. As far as I know this is a standard feature of the iPhone. When you get an SMS message (provided you are not currently in the conversation), there will be a pop up showing the sender's name, a brief showing of what is in the message and CLOSE and REPLY button.

Mine do that and always have. I am on 2.0.2 as well.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperextension View Post
    Something must be wrong with your iPhone. As far as I know this is a standard feature of the iPhone. When you get an SMS message (provided you are not currently in the conversation), there will be a pop up showing the sender's name, a brief showing of what is in the message and CLOSE and REPLY button.

I honestly thought it was supposed to be there. This is the first time I have used the QuickPwn instead of a full one. I am going back to 2.01 as I type and might go back to 2.02.

Thanks for the responce glad to know I am not crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperextension View Post

I just did a full restore back to 2.01 and that feature is still not there. When I get a SMS message I just get the text of the message and no reply close. I just did a full pwn of 2.02 and I am about to do a full restore to that as a test. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks again.
    Last edited by FuNkYpHaT; 2008-08-29 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was having problems with my maps app, and SMS was doing the same thing. So what i did was restore to 2.0.2 using itunes and used the latest version of quickpwn using bigboss's guide on sleepers.net to jailbreak and unlock my 2g iphone and everything is working as it should. hope this helps.