Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RANT] What's the holdup porting callblocking apps?

iPhone? More like MyPhone picassolsus's Avatar
    Thanks

Question [RANT] What's the holdup porting callblocking apps?
    Ok, let me start by first saying, no, I can't do any better and no I couldn't "go off and write my own program if I'm tired of waiting" so let's get that out of the way up front. It'll save you the time of posting it yourself.

Also, let me try to nip this one in the bud too.. "I should be patient I have no understanding of how complicated the porting process is.." Oh and this one...."...most of these guys have day jobs too so they can't sit around and work on iPhone apps all day just for me!"

So here's my rant.....what's the holdup with the 3 major players in the call blocking/blacklisting app arena? As for porting to 2.x that is? Don't get me wrong I appreciate the devs even taking the time to port, but, geez, seems like other apps are popping up left and right ports complete and we're still hanging on waiting on PYSL, iBlacklist, and MCleaner.

"...releasing soon", "...coming soon", etc....

HTF already!

I'm done now, thanks.
    iPhone 3GS 16GB 3.0fw White + Jailbroken

Thanks

I'm waiting for a few apps myself. You mention all the reasons the apps have not been ported yet. Not to mention its still vacation time, and not only do these guys and gals have day jobs, they have families, and social lives as well.

I hear your frustration, but chill out. Rome wasn't built in a day.

you can do anything you put your mind to. So learn to code and make your own. This "I can't make my own cause im a helpless spoonfed baby" crap has got to go. How many hours a day do you spend playing video games or watching TV? Translate that into something productive.

Oh, also - Pysl has been ported and available in Cydia (in the iClarified repo) for some time now. Do your research before ranting/whining/crying here.

iPhone? More like MyPhone picassolsus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bburdick View Post
    you can do anything you put your mind to. So learn to code and make your own. This "I can't make my own cause im a helpless spoonfed baby" crap has got to go. How many hours a day do you spend playing video games or watching TV? Translate that into something productive.

Oh, also - Pysl has been ported and available in Cydia (in the iClarified repo) for some time now. Do your research before ranting/whining/crying here.

Incorrect, I did do my research.

PYSL in it's beta form for 2.x only blocks SMS, not calls. Do *YOUR* homework before replying with useless info.

Furthermore, I *choose* to not code my own as I'd rather just buy the app. Why should I reinvent the wheel? There are people out there to do it for me....that's why there's a fee for the app, for people who can't/don't want to write one themselves....they just buy it from those who do.

Also, I'm going to excuse you for not reading my "disclaimer" at the top of my rant about what I *didn't* want to hear when I initally posted this (why don't I write it myself...typical useless response).
    Last edited by picassolsus; 2008-08-28 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 3GS 16GB 3.0fw White + Jailbroken

Quote Originally Posted by picassolsus View Post
    Incorrect, I did do my research.

PYSL in it's beta form for 2.x only blocks SMS, not calls. Do *YOUR* homework before replying with useless info.

Furthermore, I *choose* to not code my own as I'd rather just buy the app. Why should I reinvent the wheel? There are people out there to do it for me....that's why there's a fee for the app, for people who can't/don't want to write one themselves....they just buy it from those who do.

Also, I'm going to excuse you for not reading my "disclaimer" at the top of my rant about what I *didn't* want to hear when I initally posted this (why don't I write it myself...typical useless response).
    Charming...
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

Thanks

Oh well. Another 'when will <insert 1.1.4 app here> thread. The difference here being the OP knows the reasons, but chose to start a useless thread about it anyway!

Not sure what you did want to hear. Did you want a bunch of developers to come on and apologise for keeping you waiting?

And anyway, what sort of creepy things are you up to that callblocking apps are so important?
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

And anyway, what sort of creepy things are you up to that callblocking apps are so important?
    While I agree that the original post was extraneous, I don't think you need to cast aspersions. There are many reasons for wanting call blocking. Some people enjoy privacy a bit more than others and do not want to be disturbed by the phone ringing. Sometimes it could be a woman being stalked by a former SO and she doesnt want to be bothered. Turning off the phone isnt always an option as then it becomes useless as a tool. This is only a couple.

thread is closed

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

dale1v (2008-08-28), DoerrFan (2008-08-28)