Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lost all contacts during 1.1.3 restore, PLEASE HELP ME

Default Lost all contacts during 1.1.3 restore, PLEASE HELP ME
    Upgraded to 1.1.3 via itunes, ziphone jailbreak and activate, then unlocked via anysim 1.3, all work good.

the problem is that itines erased all my contact and set it up as a new phone, now i have lost all my contacts. as i never trusted itunes, i backup up the following adress book files

AddressBook.sqlitedb
    AddressBookImages.sqlitedb

as itunes erased my adressbook i placed these files into /var/root/Library/AddressBook on my 1.1.3 phone. but the contacts wont show up. The files were backup using firmware 1.1.2, and i hve chmodded them to 0755.

what do i do??????? do get it to work??????

UPDATE:
    i can open both those files in txt viewer in windows and i can see, althogh distorted that all my contact informmation is in there. i place these files in /var/root/Library/AddressBook on the 1.1.3 phone, but nothing happens. Its still an old sync with only an A contact from an previous 1.1.1 jailbreak process!!!! why isnt it working?? is the contacts saved on multiple places in 1.1.3?

UPDATE 2:
    puhh, found that 1.1.3 no longer stores the adressbook in /var/root/Library/AddressBook. The new location for those like me that want to manually backup contacts from 1.1.3 the new location is /var/mobile/Library/AddressBook

everything works now :>
    Last edited by bonefish; 2008-02-13 at 04:53 PM.