Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Black IPhone Cover Installation Tips and Images

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

wtf... haha
    its been out way longer.
    if someones stupid enough to no look into it properly then they deserve to have a fake one...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

I have just completed doing this last night. Whoa - how hard was that! Successful, though....

Thanks

sorry for bump from the dead, but im gonna do this very soon, I recently misshaped the back cover and somehow managed to rip the ribbon, so now ive to order a new cover but and I already ordered the headphone jack thingi from ebay...excited and scared, my little project for winter break!

The aluminum on the iPhone is beautiful, I don't know why you would want to replace it... I wish Apple hadn't gone the cheapo route for the iPhone 3G.

^It wasnt so much going the cheapo route as trying to increase the signal from the phone. I do love the metal back of the 2g....but I also love the design of the 3g.

Ok so im really interest in this but now everywhere is sold out, knightcreations is, ccn is, and i dont see the stealth one on colorware
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

man i want one of these black backs
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by heath_rox View Post
    man i want one of these black backs
    They look good

is that ur own personal one^ whered u get the casing, for how much, etc...and is it just me or does the apple sign look a lil weird
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08

^Thats my own. The Apple sign is fine...its just the light.

Thats a 16gigger I bought cheap cause the LCD was busted and the case looked bad.

So I replaced the screen and decided to swap the rear housing and antenna cover as well.

Here's the cover: IPHONE-BK-PNL-B iPhone Aluminum Back Panel w/ No internal parts (Black), Apple Mac and iPod Accessories

Ive seen em cheaper on ebay, but I dont know what the quality is like. This is OEM quality.

Here's a 3g I rebuilt with a Red case: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...-tutorial.html
    Last edited by cpjr; 2008-12-28 at 07:03 PM.

I'm thinking about changing my 8gb black cover to a white cover 16gb. I got two questions though, will the 16gb white back cover fit onto a 8gb one (for iphone 3G)? Also I checked a few websites out, is there a website that sells a replacement back cover for about 20-25 bucks canadian? The websites I check out were selling for like 50+. Because any more expensive it wouldn't be worth it. Canadian stores would be preferred b/c I don't need to pay too much for shipping and taxes. Thanks
    Last edited by Deviatorz; 2009-02-08 at 03:56 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345