Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Harmful EMF Radiation from your iPhone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Harmful EMF Radiation from your iPhone?
    Heads up here folks...

Are any of you aware of how much cell phones can possibly fry your brain cells? Short term memory loss, headaches, fatigue, loss of concentration are just some of the symptoms, but the worst one is brain cancer. It has increased worldwide over 20% just in the last 10 years.

Cell phone usage has gone bananas. Especially with "smart phones" like the iPhone. Many people can't carry on a conversation without SMS'ing or sending an email or surfing the net or watching a video or playing a game while talking. And our kids use their phones to talk to each other while standing right next to each other! They, with their as yet undeveloped bone growth in their skulls, have a MUCH greater risk of harm.

How many people do you know that have their cell phones permanently attached to their ears all day long? Using them while driving increases the radiation by your whole car becoming a huge antenna. And don't think that you can get around the radiation issue by using headphones... they act as antennae and dutifully carry the radiation right into your most sensitive part of your body... your inner ear. And this is where the surge of cancers are occuring... right behind the ear on the same side of the head where the phone is used the most.

Now, us iPhone users, me included, like to use ours as an iPod. In fact, that was a big reason I got mine. But with the radiation going right into my brain... euh...

And they say it doesn't stop just because you aren't making a phone call. No. Cell towers send out frequent pings to determine if your phone is still connected. Maybe we could put it in plane mode while listening to music? But doesn't that kinda ruin the purpose of having a phone?

Is this something we should be concerned about?

Here's a link to see a video to find out more. You be the judge... please watch it before commenting in this post. Many of your questions will be answered in the video and its comment blog.

Cell Phone Dangers -- What They Don't Want You to See - Articles

I'd like to know if any of you know how well Apple has protected us iPhone users from these low frequency and high frequency waves. I haven't been able to find any legit info on this... anyone up for a searching challenge?

And are there any solutions to this dilemma? There are a few gadgets that help to decrease the radiation from going into your ear. And there are pendants that you can wear that are purported to protect you from radiation in general. There are shielded cases to put your iPhone into while carrying it in your pants pocket (sterility anyone?) or while wearing on your belt (kidney failure?) or in your shirt pocket (hope you don't have a pacemaker!). But none of them can completely block the radiation. If they did, it would render your iPhone useless -- at least for phone calls.

Personally, I am concerned about this, although I am not one to give much attention to negative stuff, I'd rather find solutions and move on.

What do y'all think about this?

I think whoever wrote this needs to find others ways to save the world, maybe put a cape on and fight crime

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Not to shoot this down, but there are sooo many things that can kill you.(i.e. a man in the late 1970's overdosed on carotene litterally because he consumed too much carrot juice). Perhaps your on to something with the development of children's brains being effected by the excessive use of cell phones. My opinion on kids with phones is that they dont need them any way. Parents are just too paranoid to let their kids experience life. Overall, there are more things that I'm worried about in my daily life than excessive cell phone useage. Have you seen how many stupid people there are in this world? Now imagine alot of them driving on the highway...scary! Honestly though, your worried enough about this to post, so I wish you luck in finding the best answer possible. Forgive me if I've disrupted your post!
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

I use kid tracker gps units on both my small children... I rather take the small % of a chance they may get cancer than them go missing or get abducted. I also agree there is more to worry about than our iphones giving us cancer. How about Iran becoming a nuclear country?

DeadGlory

I say enjoy your life , we all have to go some time, But I love my I phone,eh

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shtipen View Post
    I say enjoy your life , we all have to go some time, But I love my I phone,eh
    Your First post... you resurrected a year old thread to write that?
    So long, and thanks for all the fish