Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: itunes will not see iphone even in dfu mode

Default itunes will not see iphone even in dfu mode
    iphone gen 1
    2.0 software on it

it stopped being recognized by the computer - so i was gonna just restore no big deal but it wont even recognize in dfu mode (ya the black screen mode)

any ideas how to get it back to being seen by the computer again

Thanks

Try rebooting the computer and plugging into a different USB port.

tried whole dif computer - still no go

Redo the steps of the DFU. Therefore, plug it in your computer, then open up itunes and hold both buttons until either the apple logo comes on or for about 15 seconds then release the power button (top one) and keep holding the home button until itunes recognizes it. It may work and it may not. If this doesn't work, try holding the home button for 6 seconds (reset of apps) and without the phone plugged in, redo the steps above and after a while (holding the home button) plug your iphone in while still holding the home button. Hope this works out for you.

i redid everything again - tried doing the DRU mode on 2 comps plugged in and not plugged in - not sure what you mean by the reset the apps procedure - i will research it a little bit

as for now the DFU mode does not work on either computer - crazy thing - still charges when plugged into the wall - i am confused!

new issue: now like every30-45 min the phone says - the accessory you have plugged in is not compatible would you like to go to airplane mode?

there is nothing plugged into it...hmmm

i am tempted to do the master reset through settings but dont want it not to work and to lose all my music since i can not connect it to the comp ro re add it... think it would work?
    Last edited by dander88; 2008-08-28 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by dander88 View Post
    i redid everything again - tried doing the DRU mode on 2 comps plugged in and not plugged in - not sure what you mean by the reset the apps procedure - i will research it a little bit

as for now the DFU mode does not work on either computer - crazy thing - still charges when plugged into the wall - i am confused!

new issue: now like every30-45 min the phone says - the accessory you have plugged in is not compatible would you like to go to airplane mode?

there is nothing plugged into it...hmmm

i am tempted to do the master reset through settings but dont want it not to work and to lose all my music since i can not connect it to the comp ro re add it... think it would work?

i have the EXACT same problem,except mine wont go past the apple logo... any luck on finding an answer?
    Edit heres a video of mine...[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJt1WdJKtyk[/ame]
    Last edited by Jgamble317; 2009-04-28 at 12:40 AM.