Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: any way to add single songs to iphone?

Angry any way to add single songs to iphone?
    Is there a way to add certain songs to the iphone without having to sync your whole library...cause that is very annoying? Basically is there a way to amend the music on your iphone as opposed to overwriting it all?
    Thanks,
    Robert

Thanks

you dont have to overwrite anything...just make a new playlist in itunes and simply add single songs to that playlist, anytime you want to add another single song just drag it to that playlist and shazzam you got your single songs :-)
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on [email protected]

You can't create playlists on your iphone can you? If so I can't figure out how. When I create a playlist and put songs on it in itunes, I can't drag that playlist onto the phone. The only thing I can figure out how to do is sync, and then it overwrites everything.

Quote Originally Posted by danvicente View Post
    you dont have to overwrite anything...just make a new playlist in itunes and simply add single songs to that playlist, anytime you want to add another single song just drag it to that playlist and shazzam you got your single songs :-)
    That's exactly what I do...hehe.

Or you can just manually add your own songs. Problem with that is if you ever restore, you'll have to manually add all of your songs again.

Thanks

There's two things you can do. First, check the option to "Sync only check marked music". When you add a song to a playlist, it will only add that song without overwriting the entire playlist. Second, as said above, switch to Manual organization of iTunes library. Both of these options are under the Info tab when you connect your iPhone.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Alright, I'm starting to feel retarded here. I don't seed "Sync only check marked music" or switch to Manual organization of iTunes library on the Info tab in itunes when I select my iphone. When I go to the Music tab - if I uncheck sync music it takes all of the music off of my iphone, so I'm at a loss. Could not being able to add music manually be a problem caused by my ipod firmware version? I'm on 1.1.3, not 2.0.

Thanks

I think I may have had that backwards. It might be under the Summary tab, look at both the Summary and Info tabs, its under one of them. Unfortunately, I don't have itunes with me so I can't give you the exact wording at the moment. In the play lists, you'lll see a little box with a check in it, in front of every song. That's what you need to check/uncheck for the option to work.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Yes! Found it now, thanks...I am retarded for not finding that before though =X.