Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: winscp not working please help!

Exclamation winscp not working please help!
    I am trying to ssh apps onto my iphone 3g w/2.0 firmware. I have openssh installed and turned on, I have BigBoss Prefs set to on, I used Cydia WhatIP to get my ip address, using winscp with user root, and alpine password. Winscp gives me error message Network erro: Connection Refused! I have read many threads, and still no go! WTF! Please advise. Kudos to anyone that can SUCCESSFULLY advise!

This is probably a silly question, do you have wifi on.

Also sometimes it does the connection error for me, but then I try to connect again straight after and it works.

Smile wifi on?
    Hey there! Thanks for the help. That is not a silly question at all. I think it is. I can access websites from Safari. That means it is on right? When I go to setting/wifi/network it shows none, yet I can access the internet. Any suggestions?

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by srmz91 View Post
    Hey there! Thanks for the help. That is not a silly question at all. I think it is. I can access websites from Safari. That means it is on right? When I go to setting/wifi/network it shows none, yet I can access the internet. Any suggestions?
    Shouldn't you be looking under Settings/ Wifi?

And are you using the iPhone's Wifi address?

Smile wifi not connected
    Wifi settings shows not connected. When you go to choose network, none are available.

Wifi is not connected so I used the Cydia app WhatIP. Isn't that what the application is for?
    Last edited by srmz91; 2008-08-27 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by srmz91 View Post
    Wifi settings shows not connected. When you go to choose network, none are available.

Wifi is not connected so I used the Cydia app WhatIP. Isn't that what the application is for?
    Well, you need an active wifi connection in order to access the wifi address on the iphone. You do have a wireless access point where you are, don't you?

Default wireless access point.
    No wireless access here. But would the ip that the WhatIP application gives me not be the same as that wifi ip? There has got to be a way around not having a wireless access point if you have an internet connection since it can be done on a computer, right?

Like Napoleon_PhoneApart said, You need a wireless access point connection to your pc to use ssh in the way your doing it:

check out this guide on how to do it without connection to wifi from Zodttd's forum

[Guide] SSH Without WiFi - ZodTTD: Home Of Homebrew
    Last edited by zendj; 2008-08-27 at 05:41 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to zendj For This Useful Post:

srmz91 (2008-08-27)

Thanks zendj! You the man! I will check that out. Keep this tread running. I know alot of people having this problem.

Thanks srmz91, hope you get it sorted.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to zendj For This Useful Post:

srmz91 (2008-08-28)

Default winscp help
    i have a iphone 3gs that is jailbroken and also have winscp. im trying to connect to winscp but when i put the user name root and passwords alpine or dottie it shows me a message saying access denied it does not say connection error is there anyone that can help me sold this problem.