Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Very slow wifi

Default Very slow wifi
    Hi guys, I've got a Jailbroken 1.1.2 OOTB, week 52, 3B48b, MA712LL, 04.02.13_G iPhone.
    My X-Sim isn't working so I can't connect to my carrier. It says No Sim.
    I figured I'd do the software unlock but Installer isn't working properly because my wifi is so slow.

When I run an iphone speed test it say roughly 9kbps. I run the same test from my laptop using wifi and it says over 200kbps, so my wifi network isn't the sole issue.

If I run the speed test as the very first thing I do after starting the iPhone I get a speed of about 150kbps!!!!! I then hit refresh and that and every subsequent speed test returns about 5 to 9kbps.

Any suggestions? Any settings I may need to change on my router? The iphone connects happily to the network, and can surf the internet, but it is just VERY SLOW.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have now performed the software unlock so GPRS communications are now working.

The Wifi is still extremely slow. When running a Ping from a laptop connnected to the same wireless router to the iPhone, the results vary from 5ms to over 2000ms, with 400ms being the average. i would expect all results to be around 5ms. I've checked every router setting I can think of but I can't think of anything that could cause this problem
    Last edited by StigyiPhone; 2008-02-13 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

-----------------------------------------
    Solved the problem by updating the firmware on my wireless modem.