Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MESSED Up my IPHONE BAD! PLEASE HELP!

Thumbs down MESSED Up my IPHONE BAD! PLEASE HELP!
    Hey I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong forum i'm kinda new.

but i've deleted my Applications folder by accident. I never got to back it up either.

I don't know if it'll work, but would someone be able to send me there Iphone application folder, I have a 3G 2.0 Jailbroken Iphone PLEASE I need help bad!

Moved. Please post to the correct forum.

As far as your problem. It would be best to restore, trying to "paste" something like that into the file structure would surely cause you major problems.

I know it sucks, sorry dude.

In fact, you shouldn't even be able to delete the Applications folder. Or do you mean the one with the appStore-apps in it? in that case, just resync your iphone and it should be back ... I guess ...

As Blackwolf points out, it is safe to delete the apps in /private/var/mobile/Applications. Just connecting to itunes will sync those applications back. If any are still missing, you can safely go back to AppStore and re-download them, you should not be charged - it will advise you already bought it and the download is free

If, on the other hand, you deleted the apps in /private/var/stash/Applications.ne22Sn (or similar, the symlink from /root takes you there) then you are probably best just restoring the phone. If you really had to, I see no reason that you could not restore those manually - of course ensuring that the rights are set correctly on restore.

The only reason why some might be reluctant, such as myself, to send you those files is because they belong to Apple and technically should not be redistributed. Sorry to get technical, maybe someone else feels differently and can send your way. On the other hand, you should be able to get it yourself. There should be a tool (forget name) that can extract contents of the firmware file which you can download direct from Apple. Simply extract and load those back up. Check the download section on this site for links to Apple firmware files and tool (forgot name

Cheers