Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS issues with 1.1.3

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default SMS issues with 1.1.3
    Hey all

I have just upgraded to 1.1.3 using the dev way. Now the only reason i did this was because i am a heavy SMS user and i like to keep track of my conversations. In the old version 1.1.2 it had an SMS limit that annoyed me now with the new one having a limit of 75,000 SMS I'm sure it'll keep me out of trouble for a few years..

Problem 1:
    Anyway to the point the SMS are not entering the phone correctly. For example i send and SMS out at say 8:30pm then i get a reply from the person say 5 mins later you would think it will put it under my message and give it a title of 8:35.. It doesn't the have actually been coming in at 1:30am... I mean i don't care so much about the time however they are not in order then..

Problem 2:
    The other problem i am having is that i send a SMS out to someone using the number format of 0438XXXXXX and then when i get one back it comes in using the number +61 438XXXXXX. This would normally be ok but the iPhone thinks they are 2 different numbers and makes 2 different groups for them

I have been told by someone that there is a fix on installer called SMS fix that should solve my problem.. However it is only for 1.1.1 so it isn't much help.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance

Thanks

Hey mate,

Problem 1, to date there is now fix, i feel ur pain on that, would be nice to have them in order, there is a tread on here somewhere, i have been keeping my eye on it but no joy so far.

Problem 2, had the same issue, heres the fix for that.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29418

Nick.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nickh For This Useful Post:

srbug (2008-02-13)

I have the same SMS order issue. I read everywhere that setting "Set Automatically - ON!" will solve the problem but it aint! Its getting really annoying now!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickh View Post
    Hey mate,

Problem 1, to date there is now fix, i feel ur pain on that, would be nice to have them in order, there is a tread on here somewhere, i have been keeping my eye on it but no joy so far.

Problem 2, had the same issue, heres the fix for that.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29418

Nick.
    Excellent thanks very much for your help it was annoying me I was getting texts from people that i didn't know lol..

Yeah the order of the sms is killing me hopefuly someone will fix it soon.. Although even apple is aware of the problem so it's not just people that have unlocked thier phones

Thanks

I dunno what i have done but all of a sudden my sms's are working they are in order again.. I have even turned my phone off to see if that would reset and go to the incorrect order but they seem to be working fine still..

I haven't done anything to my phone my times settings are set to automatic and thats it..

Does anyone know why they would be working now? Has anyone else discovered this?