Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: please REPLY...im desperate

Unhappy please REPLY...im desperate
    I have a unlocked,jailbroken 1st gen Iphone (connected to tmobile)....my itunes prompted to upgarde my iphone software to 2.0.2...so i proceeded to do so now my phone just has the usb plugging into itunes on my screen and no function is possible on the phone....only this screen. Is there a way to fix this...Itunes says " only supported SIM cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate Iphone"....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~!~!

simply take out the t-mobile sim card and put back the AT&T one
    If needed, do another restore
    You will need to jailbrake again and possibly unlock

This means your phone is bricked...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to minivinny95 For This Useful Post:

FLYphone (2008-08-27)

What if I dont have an ATT Sim card?

updating to 2.0.2 changes the baseband for 3g and there is no unlock. for a 3g iphone you would own an at&t only device or which can be jailbroken but NOT unlocked to work with t-mobile. since you specified you have a 1st gen the shimmer of light is supposedly the baseband is not changed and you would need to just re jailbreak/unlock. i (purposely updated 2.0.2) and quickpwn'd to re jailbreak it, it flashes the firmware but you keep the update... specifically idk the details but it worked and itunes shows 2.0.2 and its jailbroken. i personally want winpwn 2.5 or xiphone to hurry because i need 910mb for my root partition and the ability to change boot/restore screens from this pineapple and steve jobs cartoon... quickpwn has been a quick fix for the temporary

Quote Originally Posted by FLYphone View Post
    What if I dont have an ATT Sim card?
    i purchased a new one from att but i believe you need an account although it wasnt activated when i put it into my razr. maybe you can borrow one and give it back since you wont be changing the sim, adverse effect would be putting the borrowed sim onto an iphone data plan then having to cancel it later
    u can get sims from ebay but u might be stuck having to activate an account, no help i know just tossing out ideas sorry.
    NEW CINGULAR/AT&T 64K SIM 3G FAST SHIPPING 11AMTUE1C - eBay (item 250284677069 end time Aug-26-08 11:00:40 PDT)
    Last edited by grc; 2008-08-26 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to grc For This Useful Post:

FLYphone (2008-08-27)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Never, never update but only thur winpwn. Ok this is going to take sometime but you have to go to "sleepers.net" and winpwn all over again and the download edge fix and the tzone fix from cydia to use your tmo.

I have done this so many times it takes me about an hour to get everthing on my phone. takes longer ssh games back on.

you have no choice but to jailbreak and unlock again.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to theevilone For This Useful Post:

FLYphone (2008-08-27)