Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PWN'd to 2.0.1 - Now not saving passwords

Default PWN'd to 2.0.1 - Now not saving passwords
    Finally decided to PWN my wife's 4gig iPhone to 2.0.1 from 1.1.4. She wants some of the cool new themes and App Store apps

Everything went smooth....except that her passwords aren't saving (email, voicemail and wifi). I can get the passwords entered correctly and all is well, I can connect to wifi, email, and her voicemail is there. That is, until I reboot her iPhone, or sync it. Then, the passwords are all gone and the iPhone asks me to re-enter them all.

I've run the Bosspref's app for fixing directory permissions, but that didn't help.

Any ideas?

And, I did search MMi with a few different keywords. If I've missed the thread where this has been covered, just point me to it.

Thank you!

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

go to /var/Keychains set permission to 777 .. you should be ok after that.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SundayDuffer For This Useful Post:

dr33Rocks (2008-08-26), hartphoto (2008-08-26)

im having the same problems, how do you change the permision to 777, im kinda neww so if u could explain a little more , that'll be great.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

It is a very easy process to set permission to files or folders on your iphone.
    But first you have to have a tool that could see the directory of the iphone.

Please do a search on this forum for : SSH or Cyberduck (mac), or winSCP (pc), or setting permission...etc.

Read up on that and you will learn how to run those things.

Sorry, it is kinda lenghthy to explain.

GoodLuck.

Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    Cool. Thanks! So the Bossprefs option for fixing permissions doesn't touch that specific subdirectory. Didn't really think about that.

And...phasetoo..here's a bit more. Don't know where you are at with your iPhone software wise, jailbreak wise, etc.....

First you have to Jailbreak/PWN. Then you have to install openssh on the iphone (installer for 1.1.4, or cydia for 2.x). Then you use cyberduck or WINscp to connect to your iPHone via wifi. You could also use a 'terminal/command line' application to connect, but it's not quite as 'pretty'. Either way, you'll see the subdirectory listing that SundayDuffer is talking about. Changing permissions is then one of the options to do once connected and browsing the iPhone's directory structure.

Thanks

If changing permissions doesnt fix things you will need to restore and re-pwn, making sure you restore as a NEW iPhone.

SundayDuffer,

Worked a treat! What a nice person you are... :-))

thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    Had the same problem when I updated to 2.02. This fixed it though, thanks!!!