Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Get apple to replace my iPhone 3G

Default Get apple to replace my iPhone 3G
    I have a iPhone 3G And I used a ismartsim 2008 and it worked for a week and then just randomly stoped gettng service. So I tried to take it out and now the sim ejector is broken, I used a small knife to take it out. I still have a AT&T sim which works but is there anything I can do to get the apple genius person to replace it, if I told him that I took out the sim to change AT&T numbers and it just broke. Would that work or is there a better thing to say.

I hate having to unpwn it

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

you need an AT&T account to get it exchanged. they put your info in the computer now when u get it exchanged. they asked me questions and for my number when I took mine in. 6 of them in one day. half the replacements were damaged or didn't power

Quote Originally Posted by pokekid View Post
    you need an AT&T account to get it exchanged. they put your info in the computer now when u get it exchanged. they asked me questions and for my number when I took mine in. 6 of them in one day. half the replacements were damaged or didn't power
    i have a att account for another 15 days
    what should i do

Thanks

make an appt and let them know what happened and they might exchange it for you. you might get blamed for it so good luck man. hope it works out for you my friend

or if it's just the sim tray you might be able to buy a replacement off the web. sorry for the double post my phone went nuts for a second
    Last edited by pokekid; 2008-08-26 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You can get a simtray pretty cheap off the web.

Thanks

try eBay for the sim tray. it'll be a better choice since apple might point the finger at you even if it was not intentional

Quote Originally Posted by pokekid View Post
    try eBay for the sim tray. it'll be a better choice since apple might point the finger at you even if it was not intentional
    well, the sim wont eject is that the sim tray or like another mechanism in the phone that ejects it?