Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Another n00b in the scene

Default Another n00b in the scene
    hey guys I'm totally new to the iphone scene and jailbroke my iphone 2g yesterday using Ziphone 3.0. Now I have a couple of questions, so please bear with me.

1) Alternative to itunes?

Itunes has constantly caused my pc to BSOD on me. I know its not because of itunes, but i cant determine the problem even after reinstalling windows. I tried Iphone PC Suite, but it kept giving me the "Connect an Iphone" message

2) How to install apps on the iphone using a windows PC?

I know you can do it via Edge using the Installer app, but can i do it from a PC

3) Reasons to upgrade to 2.01

I dont plan to use a lot of apps, so i wont have any problems. When jailbreaking my iphone using winpwn , it kept rebooting after a "startup script completed" message. So i restored it back to 1.1.4 then used Ziphone 3.0. Its running perfectly fine now. I am willing to upgrade if the FW has noticable improvements. I'm wary of custom firmwares after what happened with winpwn.

Note: I have to do all 2.0 jailbreaking and unlocking tasks using a PC as i dont have wifi so i cant download anysim or anything similar.
    Last edited by aayman_farzand; 2008-08-25 at 08:53 PM.

Thanks

hi
    1. xilisoft i think has an alternative, google http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...ip&btnG=Search
    but i dunno if thats gonna fully work
    2. if on older firmware, try ibrickr
    3. i dunno, i like it , but i have a 3G..when i had the 2G , it was cool to be on 1.1.4

Thanks for the advice. Do you know what would be best to upgrade to 2.01? Like i already said, I'm wary of winpwn

quickpwn works well on a 2G iPhone, have done several no problems.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aayman_farzand View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Do you know what would be best to upgrade to 2.01? Like i already said, I'm wary of winpwn
    your welcome, but like cpj? (forgot the last character) said, i did quick pwn flawlessly,

So i'll upgrade to 2.0.1 then use quickpwn. Hopefully everything will work out.

One last question, is there any way to setup a itunes account without a credit card? I tried it with US paypal account, but it says i need a "valid source of funding" and i dont have any. I had one Indian account, but itunes doesnt list paypal when I select India as my country.

edit: i see quickpwn supports 2.0.2. So that means i can use any sim card on it right? Or do i have to run anything from the iphone after quickpwn does its magic?
    Last edited by aayman_farzand; 2008-08-26 at 08:54 AM.

Thanks

type free iTunes account in google, and you'll be able to find ways to make one.

oh crap...why didnt i try that in the first place....i'm stupid

Thanks

oh crap...why didnt i try that in the first place....i'm stupid
    No, not stupid, just educated now. There is nothing wrong with an error, the key is learning something.

Welcome to the MMi Community.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

aayman_farzand (2008-08-26)

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    No, not stupid, just educated now. There is nothing wrong with an error, the key is learning something.

Welcome to the MMi Community.
    thats the nicest thing anyone has ever told me on a forum lol.

Thank you for the warm welcome