Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: sony xplod and iphone

Default sony xplod and iphone
    Ihave a sony xplod car stero that has a usb conection for an ipod, i conect my iphone and get a not supported unit on my stereo, is there a work around this? i have not tried airplane mode ye, but would that actully work? many thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont have a sony, i have an alpine, for mine i just had to get the cd changer atachment that turns into left and right av things then i just got 1/8 inch to av left right works fine. i turn my radio onto aux and it works. my radio cant control the ipod but i didnt wanna buy a brain for my radio. Maybe you can do suttin like this. Hope it helps
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Thanks

if it has got usb im pretty sure its got an aux input.

do yourself a favour and buy an aux lead and use that, ipod interface in a head unit is painful at best.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Was just searching around and saw this post. I have a Sony Xplod CDX-GT35UW and experienced the not supported message when I connected my iPhone after connecting it. I thought when I got it, it might at least charge it, but it did not do that either.

One workaround I found was if your Jailbroken download the USB Drive App and make a drive and then you can play MP3's and charge that way.

Default Sony XPLOD
    Quote Originally Posted by flatlined View Post
    Was just searching around and saw this post. I have a Sony Xplod CDX-GT35UW and experienced the not supported message when I connected my iPhone after connecting it. I thought when I got it, it might at least charge it, but it did not do that either.

One workaround I found was if your Jailbroken download the USB Drive App and make a drive and then you can play MP3's and charge that way.
    Hello Flatlined. I was very interested in your reply about being able to charge the iphone. My radio recently died in my truck and I replaced it with a Sony Xplod with a USB port but it won't recognize or charge it. I downloaded 2 USB drives to my computer (Flash Drive & USB Drive) and subsequently to my iphone5. The part I don't understand is how to "make a drive and then you can play MP3's and charge that way". I'm really not interested in the MP3 part as I only listen to talk radio but I would sure appreciate any advise on how to make it charge my iphone.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Regards,
    Garfield