Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2G + Screen Bubbles

Default iPhone 2G + Screen Bubbles
    As title, I believe i have screen bubbles, originally was 2 but now a third has appeared, originally I thought it was under the screen cover but it looks too deep to be that.

As my phone was bought in the apple store and never activated and the normal iPhones are no longer available. What will happen if I take it back to a store or call apple and try and get something done under warrenty? Anyone had any experiences?

well i got my iphone from o2 uk when the price drop happend and i did not acivate it in itunes.
    then about 2 mouths later i upgraded to one of the 2.0 betas then i tried to downgrade and i got an itunes error 1609 or somthing like that and my iphone was stuck on a black screen and i could not restore it.
    so i phoned up apple and they asked me for the iphones serial number so i gave it and they said the iphone had not been activated so i just said i had just opened it as it was a birthday present. then told them the problem . they said they would take it and repair it.
    the next day i got a parcel with a box in to send them my iphone so i did and then 2days later i got an email saying my iphone had been repaced and the i recived a brand new iphone.
    iPhone 2g scammed on ebay
    year and bit later ebay have finaly given me the money back.

nice. might be a bit of a stretch however to say that I had not activated it for 9 months tho :/

I think ill go to a shop as I should be able to get a replacement on the day possibly? and they wouldnt have time to do too much checking, if i do im not sure if i shoudl have it non activated or jailbreaked with no cydia installed. But if they check serial numbers they would know its not been activated?

well u could still say u just got it. they dont no when u brought it. mine had 1.1.1 on when i got it and 1.1.4 was out then.
    and they do check serial numbers.
    iPhone 2g scammed on ebay
    year and bit later ebay have finaly given me the money back.