Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't delete text messages without opening them?

Default Can't delete text messages without opening them?
    If i have a text message from just one person, it auto-opens it when I click the sms button.

If I have messages from 2+ people, THEN I can delete them without opening because it shows me the preview list.

Anyway to change this? I don't like using up my text messages when I don't even want to open 90% of them but the iPhone forces me to.....

30 dollars over my phone bill because one person sent me a ton of messages that auto-opened when i pressed SMS

is there no way to fix this?

I dont need my phone bill going up because some jerk decides to text me 400 times

I am having the same problem. I don't text that much, and people who have unlimited texting keep sending mass texts and using up the one's I pay for. Apple says there is nothing that can be done about it. I was told at the ATT store that I would be able to pick and choose which texts I wanted to open and delete the rest. Defeats that if the text auto-opens every time I unlock the phone. Is there any app that can stop this?

just get one of the blacklisting apps (on cydia) so u can set it not to recieve texts from some people. Even if u dont open an text it will still count against you. If this person is annoying u ask them to stop. If its realy extream threaten to sue them or actulay report them to the police for making u pay money.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to alek For This Useful Post:

vinsb4u (2009-02-12)