Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: When you dial a local 7-digit number...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default When you dial a local 7-digit number...
    If you have a person in your address book on your iPhone and you dial their number (7-digit only) does their name and contact picture come up on your phone? Mine does not.

When I was on 1.1.2, there as a fix for this by hex editing a couple items in the AppSupport file, but I can't find the Dev Wiki on this anymore.

Basically, when I dial a 7-digit local number of a contact in my address book, their info does not come up when I dial them.

It will come up though, if I dial the full 11-digit number (1-###-###-####).

Anyone know how to fix this so that the info comes up when you dial either the 7-digit or the 11-digit number?

Mine does on 1.1.3 FW.
    Does your caller ID work?

I had the same problem. It was on 1.1.3 too, but the same thing kept showing up. I had to eventually take my phone into the apple store for them to swap me out a new phone. The Genius was really perplexed by the situation as well. Anyways, He told me I must have done something to it when it was updating the firmware. He told me that I could try back it up as a new iPhone and that might work.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwan View Post
    Mine does on 1.1.3 FW.
    Does your caller ID work?
    My caller ID works fine. When the issue happened on my 1.1.2, the fix for the AppSupport file included editing it in a hex editor. I did that and it worked fine. The Wiki said something about it being this way for security purposes?? I dont know.

The wiki was at http://iphone.fiveforty.net/wiki/index.php/AppSupport

Anyone know what happened to the Dev Wiki?