Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A simple and old question...pls advise

Default A simple and old question...pls advise
    hi guys

m still running the 1.0.2 firmware on my ifone after unlocking it last year with Anysim unlock (free one)...now i really want to put some new applications in my ifone but m abit apprehensive to upgrade it to the new firmware..pls advise me on this... how shud i update the firmware, through itunes ven it offers to update the ifone or manually, n if i do so will i be able to unlock it again with the iliberty?..thx

It all depends on what you want to do. If you want to stick to 1.1.X firmware, then you can upgrade using either iTunes or if you know where to find the proper firmware such as here: Alles fürs Jailbreaken - Downloads | BenM.at Then you will need to option+click restore (mac) or shift+click restore (PC) and find the firmware (ex: 1.1.4) and once it has been installed, you can use liberty or ziphone to unlock and activate. The first being safer. If you are looking to upgrade to 2.X firmware, then you have only one choice. For mac its called Pwnage tool and for PC its called Winpwn. But in either case, you will need to be upgraded and jailbroken at 1.1.4 before you can upgrade to 2.X. If you have any questions, drop me an email @ [email protected]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to satch2501 For This Useful Post:

gatz100 (2008-08-24)

If you want to stick with the 1.x.x releases, atleast upgrade to 1.1.4, which is much more stable. However, most recent application on Cydia and Installer will not work.

However if you want choices, upgrade to 2.x.x, you will also be able to utilize the official applications in the app store. Not only the App Store, there are plenty of new features with the 2.x.x release. If you use Exchange, or VPN, upgrade!

There's no need to email, the answers are readily available, read the forum. I would suggest reading the "news" subforum.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to weezyhuy For This Useful Post:

gatz100 (2008-08-24)